1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your contribution to sjmanity...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Donny in his element, Mar 23, 2017.

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Let's just skip to the part where you try to insult me by calling me a vagina or some other slang for a vagina.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Snarky one-offs that add jack shit to anything are hardly enough to separate you from the crowd.
    That's why I like to think I blend into the walls. I've probably had my moments but nothing that's an immediate HOF post or thread. Therefore, I contribute by being one of the SJ.com jobbers, or one of the character actors. You know, one of the ditch diggers that the world needs.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm afraid to reply to this thread. Let me think about it a bit. Best I can come up with is:

VB being VB.

(Which usually means thinking of the dirtiest, depraved and/or off the wall ideas, etc. and then knowing no boundaries and oversharing them.)

I have made poindexter uncomfortable by enjoying Poin a little too enthusiastically.

Enduring court jester,
    VB

cjericho likes this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You blend into the walls like the quiet-and-keeps-to-themselves types that live upstairs with an apartment adorned with crime-scene tape.

Batman likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Jesus, you're a sad case. I never go at anybody on this board except people who come at me first or by say belittling shit. You and that other dope I blocked consistently come at me with this same tired line. Sorry (not sorry) for not being PC. I don't give a fuck. But you mistake that attitude with something altogether different. I don't care, it's your misunderstanding, not mine.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I bring kittehs. Anything else is purely coincidental.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You ain't getting off that easy....you might be a jobber but once in a while a jobber shocks the champ....

Batman's epic Vin Scully tribute:

"Now stepping up to the plate is Carlos Beltran. He's 0-for-2 tonight. He walked back in the third inning ... Carlos reminds me of Jose Madrigas. He was a bouncer at the Sands back around 1965, but he also did some pimping on the side. There's ball one to Beltran.
    "Jose Madrigas, there was a guy who knew how to keep a woman in line. I once saw a hooker mouthing off to him. Jose slapped her so hard it stopped her dead in her tracks. Time froze while we all just took in the scene (pause) Kershaw delivers wide, ball two. Cardinals lead 3-2, we're in the eighth inning.

"So Angie, I think her name was, immediately stops mouthing off. Jose knew he had to set an example, so he smacked her again. Harder this time. Beltran takes a deep cut and fouls one straight back. 2-1 is the count. Don't forget about Free Dodger Cap night Saturday at the ballpark. Free Dodger baseball caps to all fans 14 and under. It's a great time for the whole family.
    "Anyway, getting back to Jose Madrigas. He had actually spent some time in the Reds organization in the late 1950s before he hurt his knee. Back in those days, medicine wasn't what it is today. Jose was a strapping right fielder, but he just couldn't run very well after that. So he quit baseball, moved out west and settled into his job at the Sands. He once hit 23 homers in a season for Louisville. He kept that sweet uppercut swing the rest of his life ... as Beltran looks at a curve for strike two ...

"So when Angie mouthed off and Jose hit her, there was no going back. He always kept a baseball bat under the bar. He pulled it out and took one of those sweet uppercut swings under Angie's chin. Knocked five of her teeth out right away. Then he started whaling on her ... as Beltran whales on one DEEP down the right field line, but it ... will hook ... foul. Just foul, a few feet to the right of the pole in the corner. The count remains 2 balls and 2 strikes as Kershaw breathes a deep sigh of relief.
    "(long pause) ... So I saw Jose Madrigas bash this poor girl's head in, and he just looked at me like I was next. I tried to inch toward the door, but Jose cut me off and told me I was part of this. Kershaw steps off the rubber. 2-2 the count, Cardinals lead 3-2 in the top of the eighth. Carlos Beltran is your batter, with Matt Holliday on deck. Brandon League warming up in the bullpen for the Dodgers.

"So me and Jose (Vin chuckles), we got a tarp from one of the storage rooms. We put it in the trunk of his car and drove about FIFTY miles out into the hot desert night. Must've driven an hour. Heard some great Sinatra tunes along the way. I was SCARED to death, but Jose seemed quite calm. Beltran fouls another one off to stay alive.
    "We get all the way out past Henderson, Nevada, find a nice quiet spot in the desert to bury Angie. We open the trunk, and only then do we realize neither one of us had packed a shovel. Jose thought I did it. I thought Jose did it. And there's poor Angie, dead as a doornail on a tarp in the desert, half her face gone. It kind of looks like a ghastly smile, with her teeth missing ... Kershaw JUUUSSSTTT misses with a slider to run the count full. 3-2 now, two outs, top of the eighth. Cardinals leading 3-2. Carlos Beltran your batter. He's hitting .375 in his last six games. Definitely someone you want up in this situation.
    "(long pause) ... Beltran fouls yet another one off. Tough slider there. Still a 3-and-2 count ... Angie was smiling this dead smile, and me and Jose had no shovel! So we both started laughing in the desert moonlight, and somewhere ... somewhere I think Angie was laughing with us. We ended up burying her with a beer glass and a cup from a diner we had stopped at along the way.

"Beltran swings and skies one to center. Victorino settles under it, squeezes it, and the Dodgers are out of the inning. No runs, a hit, no errors for the Cardinals in the eighth. Matt Kemp will lead it off for the Dodgers in the bottom half ... when we return."

heyabbott, Chef2, Riptide and 16 others like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm sitting in my work cubicle shaking and laughing from that ... again.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

holy shit, I'm pissing myself at my desk. that is classic.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Used to contribute an occasional trivia thread. Working knowledge of the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, an era before most of our current posters were born. Avatars of people/places/events of the forgotten past.

And I think I added the term "going brown bunny" on someone to the SJ dictionary.

Otherwise, woodwork.

12. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

And she's been sober for more than six years now.

Draft saved Draft deleted