1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Christmas wish

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Sorry to hear about the folks unable to see their families this Christmas, that's terrible.

Well, I got my Christmas wish.......this morning at 2:42am my wife gave birth to our second son! He's a healthy baby boy.....and better than any gift I could ever wish for!

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Congrats Ashy!

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You couldn't wait one more day and have a Christmas baby!!??

Congrats.

My wish is to make it through the day without throttling anybody.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Thanks....he was due on Jan.1. Yesterday my wife was having contractions, but she was in no pain they were very mild. She spoke with her friends who said "no worries, that baby won't be coming for another few days!". Well, at 1:35 this morning she wakes me saying the contractions are now 5 minutes apart, we call my mother to come over and take care of our 3 year old, and race to the hospital. Every 3 minutes she's screaming in pain....and those screams are getting more frequent. We get to the hospital at around 2:10am, now they're 2 minutes apart.....30 minutes later he's in my arms! She was a trooper!!! They didn't have time to even give her an IV, never mind an epideral.

Our first son needed to be induced, and the labor was 18 hours....3 years later it took a little more than an hour. It was nuts.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So much congratulations man.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The third one will slide right out - that's why we quit at 2. Ours were like yours. LONG and PAINFUL. And, oh, oh, damn. It's a girl!

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Congrats! And it's a god thing he doesn't have his birthday on Christmas. Otherwise, people would just give him one gift and say that it's for both the holiday and his birthday. At least, if it's one day apart, your son can make people feel a little cheap if they only spring for one gift.

My Christmas wishes: A new career with sane hours, and continued good health for my family. That's all. Oh, and world peace.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Ashy, my Mom was due on December 28th. I popped out on New Years Day.

I have two very good friends who are having birthdays today.

Congratulations to your family and you!

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Congrats Ashy!
    And best wishes to you and your newly upsized family!

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Congrats Ashy!

I would love to have some extra coin in the bank, but aside from that I am cool for the holidays.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I hope you all have a great Christmas, thanks for the kind words tonight... and thank you all for so many interesting conversations on this site everyday.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Congrats Ashy!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted