1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your cheapest moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Oct 5, 2007.

1. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I've done it, but not for a long time.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Movie theaters make their money at the concession stand, not at the box office.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Not from me. The joy of being a woman is having a big bag that can smuggle in a 20-ounce bottle of water and some Twizzlers.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Or Hershey's Kisses . . . mmmmmmm.

I actually have a huge purse just for such occasions, and normally I'm seen with really small purses.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

or no purse at all.

I guess my cheapest moments have been of late, when we wait for the sports team charters to get in, and go pilfer all the leftover goodies they get. Powerade, steaks, etc. The Falcons and the Braves are the best. Go teams!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Earlier tonight, I drove over to a high school football game because a restuarant I like was catering the press box.

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Nice work, Inky.

What was the spread like?

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Where the hell do you cover games, Beverly Hills?

The next prep football game I attend that has a spread will be the first.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Norm, you obviously don't cover the GISA.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Right now, I'm abstaining from exercise to supress my appetite and thus spend less money on food.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I hardly ever buy anything inside of an arena/stadium as a fan. I eat before I go or wrap some sandwiches. Concession prices are just crazy.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Good guess. I've even covered high-majorDivision I men's hoops games that offered next to nothing more than soda as far as a spread.

Poor me.

Draft saved Draft deleted