1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your cheapest moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Oct 5, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How about grabbing excessive napkins at fast-food restaurants so you don't have to use your own or your paper towels at home? I do that a lot.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, there's cheap and there is poor... It's a big difference...

3. Shit!
    I think there is cheap and then out and out stealing, which what half the folks posting on this thread have copped to.

4. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I've been out of college 10 years and look nothing like my very old looking student ID. But I still live in a college area and use it all the time for the Student I.D. discounts.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Shit, I'm gonna have to try that! Good idea!

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Good call. I plan on using my student discount as much as close to my senior discount as possible.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We probably should post a poll to see who cops to double-dipping at the multiplex after paying their initial admission . . .

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

check earlier in the the thread, ben hecht.

9. When I was just out of college, a girl I really liked invited me to go out to a club with her. I didn't have any cash so I pawned my guitar that I bought for $200 a year earlier but rarely used. Got a mere $45 for it and blew it all in about an hour.

Nothing happened between me and the chick. I would have probably had more luck with her had I kept the guitar and learned to play it.

10. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

When I was in college, one February I was broke, hungry and cold. I was out walking late at night and found this guy's wallet. It had $156 in it. Looked through the wallet and found out that the guy was a big-time player in student government and a frat boy. Probably a really drunk frat boy that night.

I dropped the wallet in a mailbox, but I kept the money. Bought a bunch of food and a warm winter coat.

I guess that qualifies as desperate, not cheap. But I felt cheap and guilty about it for years.

I did love me that nice warm coat, though.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My mother has y'all topped. Back when they pumped the gas for you, she asked for $13 worth. The kid pumped $13.01. My mother fought with the dude for 15 minutes until he agreed not to charge her the penny.

12. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Game over.

Dools' momma wins it.

Draft saved Draft deleted