1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your cheapest moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Oct 5, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He said if they called him on it, he would say he spilled something on it and put it out in the hallway... Figure it this way, the only way they find out is if the maid staff reports it. That might happen at a smaller place, but not at a big hotel like the Westin. It's probably more trouble than it's worth for the maid staff to report it.

You'd never get called on a towel.

I do know a reporter who tried to steal a robe, a la Axel Foley, who got nailed for it.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

That's interesting. Good stuff to know for the future. I guess I've just been too much of a wuss to try it.

Good call on the Axel Foley robe...isn't it 'Ack-well?'

3. Mizzougrad96

Some things I've learned... Don't ever try to trick them and replace something in the mini-bar. It almost never works... Also, if you drink from the $5 bottle of Evian that they leave in the room, just fill it up from the faucet and they never notice...

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I can't recall my cheapest moment, but I do fairly well recall being cheaped by a woman who asked me to go to a dance. Said she'd meet me there. So, I met here there, and she said, "I already have my ticket." I had to buy my way into the dance. And she got her ticket for free from her workplace. Didn't go out with her again.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Not a bad idea, but they wouldn't notice that the bottle cap had been unscrewed?

6. Norman Stansfield

The Evian trick is hilarious, although I never drink those bottles of water. I never touch the mini-bar, either. Even though I'm traveling on the company dime, I do have limits to what I'll pay for specific items.

7. Mizzougrad96

A lot of times they come with one of those cardboard things that go over the cap... Also, replacing the water is the job of the maid staff and they definitely don't care as much as the mini-bar police.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why would anyone steal the comforter at a hotel? It is a CUMforter. Nasty.

9. Norman Stansfield

I think I'd limit myself to snagging towels when I'm on the road. I'm guessing I'd have a difficult time fitting a comforter into my carryon. And I don't wear robes, unless I'm going to a Halloween party or something.

10. Mizzougrad96

Most of the comforters are inside a duvet, so I'm guessing they're pretty clean... I agree though, that I am willing to purchase my own bedding...

11. Norman Stansfield

Then you're not really that much of a cheap-ass... :D

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I still think mine's the cheapest. But some good one here ll the sme.

Draft saved Draft deleted