1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your cheapest moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Oct 5, 2007.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Hotel shampoos. I'll make sure that the ones from the first day are stashed away so they'll bring more on subsequent days. I hardly ever have to buy shampoo.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Props on this thread, by the way!

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I do the same thing. My wife looks at me strange every time I come back from a trip with shampoo, conditioner, soap, mouthwash and whatever else they had in the room.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

When you start to show up with the sleep number mattresses, then it gets kinda weird.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

If she hadn't been such a bitch about the whole thing, not even getting as much as a kiss or anything...fuck that noise. She can stay at home, watch Showtime After Hours that she's stealing from another neighbor and diddle with a pocket rocket for all I care.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Not so much cheap as deceitful.
    While in high school, a buddy and I arrived at a restaurant and sat with two other dudes we knew who had already ordered. They finished before us and left, without paying, before we were done. The waitress told us they didn't pay, so we chased them down in the parking lot and got the loot.
    We told waitress we couldn't find them and then used their cash to pay for our food.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Sometimes I re-use paper plates, if I have a sammich or something and I'm able to just wipe the crumbs into the garbage.

When I was in high school my friends and I would go to the earliest movie possible, pay the $3 or whatever it was, then stay for the next 12 hours hopping from theater to theater. Then, to top it off, we'd wait for a theater to clear out, waltz in and grab an empty or near-empty tub of popcorn and take it back to the counter for free refills for the rest of the day/night. All we'd spring for was a large soda, which also had free refills. Couldn't beat it.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a friend who swiped the comforter from a Westin... I'd never do that, but I can't say I blame him...

9. Norman Stansfield

How do people get away with that stuff? Don't they wind up just charging you for it if they find it missing? I'd like to know for future reference, to see if I can get away with it...

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I fixed it for you, buddy.

11. Norman Stansfield

Take the bitterness to the fantasy football thread, woman...

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hey, I just calls it like I sees it.

Draft saved Draft deleted