1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your bullies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jun 27, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I had a part-time bully from seventh to 10th grade. He fucked with me every now and then, but that all stopped when I beat up two guys at the same time during recess. I smacked the older one and bloodied his nose. I grabbed the younger one's hoodie, pulled it over his head and wailed him with my new state championship that was the size of a golf ball.

I'm successful. The bully's in and out of the Alabama penal system. I win.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My IP is my current bully. He pretty much gave me mental wedgies all week. Thank God it's Friday.

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Got bullied by a kid in second grade who was bigger and special ed. My dad told me I could use Tae Kwon Do to defend myself (yeah, right). It never came to it, but I'm pretty sure I would have looked like a moron trying my yellow belt moves out on him.

4. There’s nothing worse than being in the fifth grade and getting bullied – like I was repeatedly – by a fourth-grader. We were about the same size, but he was just stronger. I can still clearly remember lying facedown in the dirt as he pummeled me in front of a school bus full of kids.
    And then I had to pick myself up and get on that bus to go home. Talk about humiliating.
    A few years later in high school, one of my proudest moments came as I walking down the hall changing classes.
    This mousy little kid who everyone hated – for no good reason, really – was pushing a film projector down the hall for a teacher, and this bully was on the other side of the dolly, riding it like a grocery cart and taking swings at this poor kid.
    As I was passing by, I swung up with an elbow, hit the bully in the chest and sent him flying down the hall. I kept walking and never looked back, although I imagine I was smiling.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I was always (and I do mean ALWAYS) the smallest kid. I didn't hit 5'0 until I was in high school and I didn't get over 100 pounds until I was 17. I was bullied a lot but I knew when to back down from a fight, turn the other cheek and walk away. I got through on my sense of humor.

I don't know if this qualifies as "bullying", but the school where I went had a game we would play in the lunchroom called "guess the Spanish swear word." (I went to a school that was 75 percent Hispanic.) They swore if you guessed it, they wouldn't tell and apparently, I'm not the only kid who got ratted out immediately for saying a word of the four-letter persuasion during our lunch break. (Of course, the funniest part of the story - I got hauled into the principal's office and the whole nine yards. They call my mom away from work, which is a dangerous thing because at the time, my mom was always at work and it wasn't like she could always drop everything to come see what was going on with me. So they bring her in and they tell her what a serious offense saying shit in the lunchroom was, and she goes, "Shit, is that what you called me in here for?" She was madder at them for calling her away for something like that than she was at me for saying it.)

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Plus you would look pretty bad being the guy who beat up a special-ed student.

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I was 5-foot-0 70 pounds as a freshman. Good god, I thought I was the only one. When I was a sophomore I was a foot taller and double the weight.

I was small, but in good shape. Played football up till eighth grade, BMXed and if I couldn't beat up someone, I'd out-crazy them. I had a kid bully me for a while. One day, I got off the bus, went home and grabbed a baseball bat and chased him around the block for a few minutes. He didn't bug me anymore after that. Bullies tend not to bug kids when they think they might get killed.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Tracy, the popular perfect cheerleader. Ever seen Mean Girls? Yea, that was my life in junior high.

Course she now weighs 300 pounds, so I guess it all evens out in the end.

9. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

It's amazing how often that happens.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When you're being bullied, you don't realize that most of the time it's because the bully is incredibly insecure about something. Tracy wasn't very bright, but she wanted to be. Girl worked hard to pull Cs. I didn't do squat and got As and Bs. I think that had a lot to do with it.

Still hard to explain that to an 11- or 12-year-old.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

It's because the hot busty girl in high school is typically the one where her hips haven't caught up to her breasts yet. When the hips make it an even race, the prettiness goes down the charts in a hurry.

12. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

It wasn't widely known that he was sped. He was just kind of slow. I think he just ended up going to community college. He turned out to be a decent kid once he grew up and matured a little. We worked together at Circuit City in high school. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted