1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Feb 14, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You win, IJAG.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I know. So psyched. I'll be visiting my folks and will drive the 20 miles to Taco Bell for lunch that day. Count it.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

November 27

Jimi Hendrix, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Bruce Lee, Eddie Rabbitt, Kathryn Bigelow, one of the Menendez brothers, a victim of Jack the Ripper, Alison Pill and Jaleel White

People who died on my birthday:
    Harvey Milk, Sean Taylor, Irvin Kershner (Director of Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back)

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ted Bundy was executed on my birthday.

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem

6. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

april 9:

hugh hefner and jenna jameson plus AVERY SCHREIBER!

and Robert E. Lee surrendered at Appomattox in 1865.

7. Feb. 27

Share birthdays with Emperor Constantine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Hugo Black, David Sarnoff, John Steinbeck, John Connally, Elizabeth Taylor, Ralph Nader, Howard Hesseman, Lee Atwater, Johnny Van Zant, James Worthy, Donal Logue, Matt Stairs, Tony Gonzalez, Chelsea Clinton, and Josh Groban.

Deaths include Louis Vuitton, Henry Cabot Lodge, Lillian Gish, J.T. Walsh, William F. Buckley, and Duke Snider.

Other events on that date include:

380 – Edict of Thessalonica: Emperor Theodosius I, with co-emperors Gratian and Valentinian II, declare their wish that all Roman citizens convert to trinitarian Christianity.
    1560 – The Treaty of Berwick, which would expel the French from Scotland, is signed by England and the Congregation of Scotland.
    1594 – Henry IV is crowned King of France.
    1844 – The Dominican Republic gains independence from Haiti.
    1864 – American Civil War: The first Northern prisoners arrive at the Confederate prison at Andersonville, Georgia.
    1900 – Second Boer War: In South Africa, British military leaders receive an unconditional notice of surrender from Boer General Piet Cronje at the Battle of Paardeberg.
    1900 – The British Labour Party is founded.
    1933 – Reichstag fire: Germany's parliament building in Berlin, the Reichstag, is set on fire.
    1939 – United States labor law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that sit-down strikes violate property owners' rights and are therefore illegal.
    1940 – Martin Kamen and Sam Ruben discover carbon-14
    1942 – World War II: During the Battle of the Java Sea, an allied strike force is defeated by a Japanese task force in the Java Sea in the Dutch East Indies
    1951 – The Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution, limiting Presidents to two terms, is ratified.
    1973 – The American Indian Movement occupies Wounded Knee, South Dakota.
    1991 – Gulf War: U.S. President George H. W. Bush announces that "Kuwait is liberated".

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

One of my nephews was born Feb. 29, 2008.

Shared birthdays: Dinah Shore, Ja Rule, Sir James Wilson
    Deaths: Davy Jones, Sir James Wilson
    Events: Hattie McDaniel becomes first African American to win an Academy Award, Gordie Howe scored his 800th goal.

Also, Feb. 29 is Rare Disease Day.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A lot of folks here born on the 9th.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

June 23

Clarence Thomas shares my birthday

:(

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

June 30. Fiscal year ends on that date. As far as I can tell, that's its biggest historical claim to fame.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And William Holden died.

Draft saved Draft deleted