1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your biggest moment in this profession...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SuperflySnuka, Aug 26, 2007.

1. What, up to this point, would you consider your biggest accomplishment to this point...

Mine happened today...

I'm on the cover of a top-50 circ paper for the first time. Not a sports cover, but the front page of a major (top-5) metro daily. I'm doing my best not to out myself, but at this point, I couldn't care less, really.

Yesterday, I got a job offer from a top-50 circ metro...

Damn, I'm on top of the world...

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Congrats, Fly... well done!

I strung for USA Today for a couple of years. Guess that would be it for me.

3. Hell yeah Colton, that'd be awesome. It's one of my goal papers (papers for which I'd like to string or work)

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Fly: Wish I could say it was because I earned it. I just happened to answer the ringing phone in the pressroom at an NBA arena one day and, presto! It was a kick seeing my name on the sports front, though.

Gonna take the job offer?

Good for you, dude!!

5. Already accepted it -- Major boost (35K to about a 180K), plus a 40% raise at age 23...feels fuckin good

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Fly: Outfuckingstanding! You don't need USA Today.

A tip of my cap to you.

7. You bastard...
    I mean, congratulations!

8. lol thanks Okie, I appreciate it.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Covering 6 games (3 hoops, 2 hockey, ski jumping) in one night and capturing the adventure in words and photos.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had seven bylines from four different datelines in the same Sunday paper...

Also, waking up in the morning, turning on SportsCenter and hearing as the top story (Paper X is reporting...) for something that I broke... That's happened a few times....

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I send congratulations to devoted workshopper S'Fly on the occasion of his - or her - mighty, mighty moment. Mazel tov.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

You work for the Weekly World News?

Draft saved Draft deleted