1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your A #1 Top Disney World Tip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 31, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

YOU CAN'T SAY TITS ON A DISNEY THREAD!

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How about "show us your goofys"

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You ask this crowd to see their goofies, you better have a can of mace and a good psychiatrist nearby.

4. Boom_70

Show us your "Minnies"

or "show us "chip and dale"

5. Didja hear Mickey and Minnie were getting divorced?

Judge at first wouldn't allow it because he said to Mickey: "You can't divorce her because she's crazy."

Mickey replied: "I didn't say she was crazy. I said she was fucking Goofy."

6. Boom is a big Minnie fan

http://zoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/minneymouse.jpg

7. Boom_70

Will you be here all week?

8. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

I highly recommend the meal plan. Yeah, you might eat the same stuff over a few days since the menu is limited, but it sure beats paying the full price at the cash register in the long run.

Also, the fast pass for rides is a must. You still won't get to everything, but at least you'll get to the stuff you prioritize. Also for the kids, any kind of character event is a must. They'll remember that and the shows better than any rides because of all the photos. And photos, photos, photos. In my 30 years, I've been to Disney 3 times, and I never tire of looking at the photos from years past. Lots of good memories.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Luggie,

Some good advice on here.

If you stay on property (doesn't have to be on a monorail line -- they have buses or boats or some kind of transportation from every hotel) they usually have one park open early for guests.

Disney hotels have great amenities, though the rooms are usually smallish.

The character breakfasts are nice.

If you do one park, Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. With kids those ages, I wouldn't do try than one park in a day anyway.

The thing that makes Disney special is their attention to detail and their customer service. So don't rush.

Go in with a plan of the 3-4 things you want to do. If seeing Snow White or Mickey is important you can now find what time they will be available to meet Little Luggie on a phone app.

Plan out what you want to do and go their first or use fast passes and work your way.

Don't try to see everything. Don't be afraid to ask for help. The Disney folks are programmed to help you.

10. billikens

billikens Member

Let me add a +1 to planning a trip for when other kids are in school. I went with my wife (no kids at the time) the week after Thanksgiving in 2009. With the exception of one ride (Toy Story 3D) we never spent more than 10 minutes waiting for a ride and we got to see the after hours Christmas show they put on at the Magic Kingdom, which my wife still talks about.

Otherwise, I'll just reiterate a few other things I saw in this thread.
    - If you only have one park, Magic Kingdom is the one you want.
    - If you're doing more than one park and you're staying on the resort, try to coordinate around the early opening/late closing schedules.
    - I've never stayed at the top-tier hotels at the park, but I didn't notice much difference between the economy and moderate.
    - Fast passes are crucial, even when it's slow.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good friends of the family threw on the table over the break about going on a Disney Cruise in the future.

I said if I am laying down a few grand, I want to be at Disney proper.

Now the wife is hot for a cruise because a person she works with says they are incredible.

Thoughts?

Draft saved Draft deleted