1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your A #1 Top Disney World Tip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Booked to go with a 4 year old and an infant.

What's your best tip?

Humor encouraged.

2. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Prepare to see tons of Disney-labeled crap.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Don't go in August...crowded and hotter than hell.

4. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Get the meal plan that they have available.

You get so much food for the buck, you won't know what to do with it all. There were people literally giving other people their meals on their cards because they give you so much food, you end up so full you can't use all the meals.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

How many days/parks you planning on going to?

If you've got just one day, stay at one park (And since you've got a young one with you. I suggest Magic Kingdom).

Make sure to ride Splash Mountain, be willing to spend an obnoxious amount of money on food and, once you walk in, plan your day and see how much you can get done.

Also, be sure you're on the right side of the castle (AKA the front) if you want to see the fireworks. You will not, I repeat not, be able to get around to the front if you're caught behind it with less than a half-hour before the fireworks are set to go off.

Oh, and have fun.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

From my experience with an infant, toddler and pre-teen.

If budget allows stay at a hotel with Monorail access or real close to the park.

If you are staying on the resort and plan on taking the bus it can still be a pain in the ass. The busses fill up and some parks are up to a 30 minute drive away after which you still have to navigate the gates, etc. Can be a pain with a stroller.

Concentrate on seeing one park at a slower pace than cramming in a bunch of parks.

Don't go in August, it is ridiculously hot and humid.

Do wear matching family T-shirts that you had custom made at the mall. They look cool and provide endless entertainment for gawkers like myself :)

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hmm - good tips.

Our tentative plan is to do one day @ Magic Kingdom, one day at hotel, one day @ Magic Kingdom, and out.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

At the Customer Service building just inside the gates you can get a badge for the kids that says "first time visit" or something like that.

It is probably the only thing you can get for free at Disneyworld and is a fun souvenir.

Good plan on sticking to Magic Kingdom given the kids ages.

10. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

When I first went, we had someone in my family who picked up a "It's My Birthday" pin every time we went to a park since. I think she finished with six pins at the end of the vacation.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bring along extra patience.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Get a sitter for the kids and just go with Mr Lugz!

Split up the day...get to the park early, get the fast passes, stay through lunch, and get the hell out. Back to hotel, let her swim and whatever, baby gets a nap....regroup and go back for dinner/evening. Don't feel like you have to do every little thing, you will go back.

Tell her she gets to buy a present at the end, otherwise she will want everything she sees. Works with Boom. 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted