1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your 2008 LA Dodgers: Alienating its fan base one child at a time!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael Echan, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

This story makes me sick to my stomach. It's bad enough that teams (baseball and other sports) have priced out the middle & lower classes from the best - and even just decent - seats, but now the Dodgers have a policy that keeps fans from going down to the field level before a game to get autographs UNLESS they have a ticket for those seats

One of the people in the story said it best:

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

the yankees have been doing this for years.
  3. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

But that's the Yankees. You expect them to be dicks like that.
  4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Well, the Yankees suck as much as the Dodgers, then.
  5. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I thought every team did this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's what I figured, at least they have all done it in recent years.

Unfortunately, these guys ruined it for everyone:

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Aw, the shot of pallister runs again ;)
  8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not. News.
  9. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Man, I remember as a kid going to the ballpark about 90 minutes before first pitch and going down to the railing to interact with the players. My family didn't have season tickets, but we might as well have as we'd go to 40-50 home games per season and the players would get to know us.
  10. There are ballparks that still allow you to watch batting practice from the box seats. Went to Miller Park and they allowed it. And I believe Shea Stadium still allows it, but that could change in Citi Field.
  11. KoM

KoM Member

Kind of funny last year at a Braves game my wife wanted to go down to the dugout rail during BP. Ushers were asking to see tickets for that section and running people off if they weren't supposed to be there - which we weren't.

Wifey happened to be wearing an expensive Hank Aaron authentic jersey I had bought her for her birthday, and the lady usher not only DIDN'T bother to ask if we had tickets for the section, she asked if we wanted her to take our picture.

The only explanation I can come up with is she figured if someone had the jack for that jersey, they probably had good tickets.

(The real kicker is that you can buy authentic jerseys straight from oversees - probably stolen from the sweatshops - on ebay for less than a quarter of what they cost in the stadium! ;D)
  12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Umm, clearly you've never been to Dodger Stadium. This has been happening since, oh, 1962. Not that I'd know first-hand (about '62, I mean.) But that's the way the stadium is built. You'll find out the first time you're at Chavez Ravine. It's disappointing.

If you have a ticket for the field level, you have to enter at the field level gate.
    If you have a ticket for the loge level, you have to enter at the loge gate.
    If you have a ticket for the club level, you have to enter at the club gate.
    If you have a ticket for the upper deck, you have to enter at the top gate.

There are no accessible stairs up or down to the other levels. If you enter at the top gate, that's where you stay. If you enter at the field level, that's where you stay.

It's inconvenient. It's unusual (in comparison to, well, every other park I've ever been to.) It sucks.

But this isn't new.
Draft saved Draft deleted