1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your 2007 Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame inductees are...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Detroit Rock City
    Deuce
    Love Gun
    Shout It Out Loud
    Hard Luck Woman
    I Was Made For Loving You
    Strutter
    R&R All Nite

All absolutely top notch

2. Somebody has very low notches.
    That said, there has to be a place for showmanship and kitsch. KISS counts big there.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Country Joe and the Fish? Really? One-hit novelty wonders, and I don't care how many other songs you know by them, should not be in.

I agree with you on the Buzzcocks though. Boxcar Willie in teh Rock Hall, probably not?

Look, everyone has their idea of who whould ad should not be in. I'm sure the Replacements will never make it even though I think they are more than derserving. Sam with Husker Du and lots of other 80s bands.

At least Patti Smith is finally getting in. R.E.M. in my opinion is ano doubter, but I'm also a big fanboy.

And I'll join the chorus of the anti-KISS choir. They suck with, and without the makeup. schtick alone does not get you in the Hall when your songs are so ordinary.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

See that's why no one likes you.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If Kiss gets in Alice Cooper should be in, too.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Enough said... despite the insane ramblings of the usually stable BYH and EStreetJoe.

But we've been down this d_b path before... and before... and before... and.....

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'll admit that Rush has longevity on their side. But I don't like their music and maybe its because I don't like their music that I don't recognize the bands they've influenced. So the lack of songs I like and my preceived lack of bands they've influenced make me say keep them out, the hosers.

8. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

Au contraire ... as my name might indicate, it's The Who all the way for me, baby. And the Stones, Beatles, U2, Bowie, Kinks and Dylan. That's all I need, sort out the rest.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

KISS is like Beethoven compared to Alice Cooper.

If Alice Cooper gets into the Hall of Fame, it's time to shut the place down.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

:'(

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Without Alice Cooper, would KISS have existed?

One more thing, Dye: "Eighteen" trumps anything KISS ever released.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i hate to agree with junkie on a music thread, but fuckin' KISS is a no-doubter

their music is pedestrian at best, but their influence is huge. junkie's absolutely right here (until he starts on the bullshit, craptastic rush tangent which is sure to follow)

Draft saved Draft deleted