1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your 2007 Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame inductees are...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Rush should be in.

2. It is not possible for you to be more dead to me than you are at this moment.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Go build you own Canadian Hall of Fame then, tiny typer.

4. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

KISS was voted among the top 10 bands of all time in VH1's list of 100 bands based on interviews and voting from bands and artists throughout the industry.

But what do they know? They're just the ones making the music. I mean we have people on here saying that session players deserve to be in over KISS, a band that has sold over 75 million albums and has survived more than 30 years and influenced scores of bands and musicians.

And there was a distinct difference between the cartoonish KISS from 1978-present (you know, the toys and mass merchandising) and the kiss from 1974-1977. The latter was young and hungry. More black and white and leather with menacing makeup than about selling toys. But if people want to slam them for selling out and being buffoons, fine. But I don't because there are no hard, set rules on what is good in rock. There are no rules, in fact.

This is a clip from 1975. Were they below-average musicians? Yes, but they put on a pretty good show for the era and yes, they were influenced by Alice Cooper. It was definitely Cooper on steriods.

5. Menacing?
    KISS?
    Wow.

6. Bill Carter and the lads still have a couple of years or so before they reach eligibility (but man, Gun-Shy is one helluva an LP!).

Gene Loves Jezebel? Why would anyone want to honor alternative rock's worst incestuous, are they or aren't they twins?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

So being famous gets you in the Hall?

Chart success should not be the precursor for enshrinement. But if you're going to make a case that a band should be enshrined because of its populistic tendencies, then you'd better have more than two top 15 hits in the last 30 years.

Alas, those hits are "I Was Made For Lovin You" and "Forever," which may indeed be two of the worst songs ever recorded.

Kiss had a three-year run. God bless Gene Simmons for living off that and maximizing it for the last 30 years, but Kiss has been releasing filler most of its career. Except "Heaven's On Fire." That rocked.

They're the Marcus Allen of rock. Just because Marcus Allen is in his HOF doesn't mean Kiss should be in its.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

HEY ASSHOLE!!! YES BEING FAMOUS GETS YOU IN!!!! IT'S THE HALL OF FUCKING FAME!!!!!!!

I'm also tired of you disparaging "Forever." That song does not suck. It's actually a ballad just as acceptable as any other power ballad of its time. Half of the fucking bands in there I've never heard of before, and they're hall of fame worthy? But the one band I can sing along to, quite loudly I might add, isn't fame worthy, even though they're actually, famous?

BTW, Jay Horwitz hates Kiss too. It's a fact.

9. Flying Headbutt

Who's side are you on anyway?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Vanilla Ice is famous too. Usher him in!

Seven top 10 albums for Kiss...three of which came out after Soundscan allowed any record with decent first week sales to enter in the top 10. Wow! For a band with a populist bent, that's not all that impressive. Kiss is famous like Paris Hilton is famous...Gene Simmons has been doing anything and everything to keep his name in the public eye for 30 years. But being a great self-promoter does not make you famous.

And I was like five when I Was Made For Lovin You came out. Get your facts straight, fanboy looooooooser!!!!! :D

Edit: I knew Headbutt would go apeshit. If you find my answers frightening, Headbutt, you should cease saying silly shit like Kiss should be in the Hall of Fame.

11. Flying Headbutt

That's it, I'm ordering you a pork chop next time.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

If Kiss is inducted into the Hall of Fame I'll burn the place down on general principle.

Draft saved Draft deleted