1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your 2007 Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame inductees are...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 8, 2007.

1. We Midwesterners aren't correct on everything. :)

No band sounded quite like Chicago before they came out, and no band has sounded quite like them since. Not crazy about their sound after Peter Cetera took over the band in the '80s, but their work from 1969-82 should be enough to get them in.

2. As much as I like "25 or 6 to 4," I can live a long, happy life if I never again hear another high school band attempt to play it. (And that even includes the ones that have pulled it off well.)

3. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

I never said KISS sucks because their music came out 30 years ago. My point was that they were a fad in the mid-70's for young males ages 7-15. I was into them when I was 9 years old, too, but I've grown out of it, just like I've grown out of my Farrah Fawcett posters and don't root for the Cowboys or Steelers like every other kid in my 3rd-grade class did in 1979.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

::Slaps head::

Jesus fucking Christ...

Do people know who the MC5 are?

If we're talking Detroit Rock City...well those motherfuckers were Detroit Rock City.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The MC5 rocked Detroit, but they only put out a small handful of albums, one of which was produced by Jon Landau in his pre-Springsteen days.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Let me start out by saying that I like a ot of KISS songs. I loved them when I was a kid and I still get a kick out of the music because it's so funny that it's cool.
    Further, Frehley was my favorite guy in the band.
    But to mention Frehley in the same context as Clapton or Hendrix? That's crazy.
    To discount the MC5's importance and influence? That's crazy.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr LikesUs,

"Kick out the jams, brothers and sisters"

Cleaned up for the live album.

YHS, etc

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Of all the words wasted on worthless subjects on this board, the ones dedicated to KISS are especially wasteful.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Amen

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Who are some bands up for next year's RnR HOF induction, meaning, who will be first-time nominees because it has been 25 years since their first recording?

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Fixed.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ease up ... yes, BST and Chicago had some similar characteristics. So that's two bands out of how many?

Chicago in the '70s was the sh_t. Unfortunately, Chicago in the 80s was sh_t.

And the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame still doesn't have Genesis or Rush, so in my book, it barely registers ... mainly for the purpose of chiming in on this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted