1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You'll have to kill the OSU president if you want college football playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Of course, the best way to go about developing a cable channel probably is to work WITH the largest cable company, rather than attempting Tony Soprano tactics. Then again, it's kind of hard to extort when your threat is, "if you don't take our network your viewers will miss out on Minnesota versus North Dakota State."

If Fat 10 administrators ran General Motors they'd still be selling a 19-foot Fleetwood Brougham with a vinyl top that gets eight miles per gallon. "What's good for the Fat 10 is good for America!"

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sorry, Buck. The asinine logic of the Big 10 is one of the three or four things guaranteed to rile me up :)

And you can't fault the Big 10, SEC or any other conference from starting their own network. More power to them. Just don't make me pay $10 extra a month for it when the two biggest draws are Vanderbilt vs. Duke in football, and Kentucky vs. Arkansas in women's swimming. Then I get pissed.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The Big East needs a network. Only, instead of taking it seriously, they need to come up with a bunch of bullshit shows, such as:

* - I Remember the 80s, hosted by Dave Wannstedt.

* - Bitch and Moan, with Jim Boeheim.

* - HIghlights of the 1985 Final Four.

* - Famous Golf Courses of the World, starring Mike Tranghese.

* - Fashion Showcase with Bob Huggins.

* - We Used to Give A Fuck; the story of Syracuse Football.

* - Maintaining Composure, hosted by Jim Leavitt.

* - Highlights of the 1985 Final Four.

* - Planes, Trains and Automobiles, the story of any USF winter sport trying to travel to Marquette in February.

* - Selecting the Perfect Laptop, with the Connecticut basketball team.

* - Highlights of the 1985 Final Four.

* - What the Hell Happened Here: the story of Providence and Seton Hall basketball.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't forget "Survivor: Big East", where a different school is exiled to the ACC each week.

5. WS

WS Member

just start one and leave the Little 11 out of it. Put OSU in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 and possibly the ACC or Big East other conferences and they're definitely not 11-1

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BYH, you know fucking well that the SEC, Pac-10, ACC, Big East, Big 10, and the Big 12 will never, never consent to a playoff, regardless of what Pete Carroll or anyone else whines about when their team gets shut out.

Fuck yes the Big 10 is arrogant. I know. I live in Big 10 country. I still take issue with the Pac-10 and the Big 10's reluctance to let the Rose Bowl be a part of this BCS shit. "Our shit don't stink" attitude? Give me a fucking break. The SEC has, indirectly, have had their own package forever under JP, now Lincoln Financial. I don't see much of a difference between a conference running their own network, and conferences having their games broadcast exclusively on outlets like LFN, FSN, ABC, and Raycom, to name a few.

Back to the playoff issue at hand, I don't give a shit how much Pete Carroll wants to whine about his team not playing for the BCS title with two losses. If they had went undefeated (which they didn't) he would have been saying "hell no" to a playoff.

So, don't lay all of this at Jim Delaney's doorstep (unless your that Big 10 ref in hot water). The Pac 10, Big 10, and I have a gut feeling, that the SEC isn't going to consider playoffs (the presidents that is). How in the San Juan Hill can these bow-tie wearing, sweater-vest geeky thugs look down at athletic programs for being jock factories, and look themselves in the mirror when the money come rolling in? Where is that money going, Gordon? The poli sci department? Think again, asshole. You're going to keep it when it came from: The Sweater Vest and his boys.

Now shut the fuck Gordon. Eliminating the Vandy athletic department sounds rosy, but they haven't broken any rules under the NCAA and they are not an elite program. Exactly what fucking point were you making? You could've done that during your first go-round at Ohio State but you knew that they would hang your goony ass from a buckeye tree and they'll do it today.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

D-3 seems to be particularly enamored with the F-word lately...

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think a Columbus jury would acquit you if you were on trial for prying the system out of Gee's cold, dead hands, but I'm sure you would walk if you did the deed in Auburn, Norman or of course Ann Arbor.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

[​IMG]

Just so everyone knows what this arrogant piece of shit looks like.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know which is worse: the arrogance of Big Ten hierarchy or the haters they spawn.

Wait ... it's the haters ... by miles. Some of the arguments spewed on here by them, stuff like the Big Ten is the, "the Mid-American Conference with Ohio State and Michigan" is flat-out moronic.

Trust me, I don't like some of the decisions the Big Ten's leadership has made either, and I truly HATE The Big Ten Network, which is like watching a Leni Reifenstahl propoganda film with pom-poms and bad halftime analysis ... and this comes from a lifelong fan of a Big Ten school.

But if your hate runs so deep that you can't recognize the Big Ten as one of the seminal conferences in the nation, you're a dope.

11. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Wow. Fella in a bow-tie. Hmmm. Probably prefers to read Stephen Hawking books in his spare time, and discuss the crisis in Darfur with colleagues while meandering through the meadows.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

My dislike of Gee began during his Vanderbilt days.

Draft saved Draft deleted