1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You write the script of a sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Aug 23, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Professional II could make a great sequel, but only with Portman in the lead role. I only fear it would be completely awful, largely because the heart of the movie is Mathilda and Leon's relationship. What could they do with Mathilda in terms of finding that kind of heart again, without just making it a shoot 'em up action flick?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's the question. But starting with Portman as Mathilda, you've got a great starting point as far as character and possibilities.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I should find the thread that was Black Heathers-jacked. That had potential.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Boys.......I absolutely refuse to acknowledge that Caddyshack II was ever made........it never made it off the cutting room floor.....much less include Caddyshack newbies Dyan Cannon, Dan Ackroyd, Jonathan Silverman, Jackie Mason, and Robert Stack.

It never fucking happened.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You mean this one?

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of creepy in the sense of seeing Kirsten Dunst in Interview with the Vampire can be creepy.

Never mind.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Eight Men Back In.

Arnold Rothstein has Kennesaw Mountain Landis whacked. Chicago resident Al Capone is elected the new commish and re-instates the Black Sox.

8. HejiraHenry

Lord of the Rings: Gollum Strikes Back

You thought he was dead and the ring was destroyed.

You thought wrong.

9. I didn't even know they made a Road House 2 until I saw this thread. Sweet mercy.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

I believe I recently read -- in Entertainment Weekly, I think -- just such a proposal, pitched as a "Sequel We'd Like to See." It's a perfect idea, either way... Portman has become star enough to carry a film, with a rich backstory in place, exotic locales, smart action pedigree... Could be a Bourne Identity where the women are more than damsels.

Get writing, Tony.

11. HejiraHenry

Eraserhead II

This one is completely inexplicable as well, but it's shot on video.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Clueless II

Cher is all grown up and a power-hungry Hollywood agent ...

Draft saved Draft deleted