1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You write the script of a sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Am watching the third instalment of the Mighty Ducks series while I get ready for work. Started to think, yeegads, there's another bunch of sequels that never should have been made ... with thoughts of Slap Shot 2 in my mind as well.

You are tasked to write the sequel of your dreams.

For which movie will you be writing the followup and how does the plot go?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Road House 3.

Swayze comes back and kicks the ass and rips the hearts out of everyone who was in Road House 2.

Full Metal Jacket 2.

R. Lee Ermey, Pvt. Pyle and Pvt. Snowball all come back from the dead as zombies who try to eat Pvt. Joker's brain.

Elektra vs. Catwoman.

Just put Jennifer Garner and Halle Berry in those leather jumpsuits. To hell with a plot. Maybe Diana Rigg, too -- I don't care how old she is.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Debbie Does Dubuque. Did someone mention plot?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Caddyshack II

Carl Spackler comes back as the head groundskeeper, finally gets rid of all the gophers.

Ty Webb sells Bushwood to Al Czervik.

Al Czervik then hires Danny Noonan to kill Judge Smails.

5. HejiraHenry

That would have to be Caddyshack III. Not bad, though.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

For that one, you don't have to provide the script, but you do have to score the soundtrack.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

All of us would like to forget the real Caddyshack II exists.

8. HejiraHenry

Got it.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

What is this Caddyshack II you mention? (my apologies, wish I knew how to use the blue font). Does that go along with this Rocky V I've heard whispers about?

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

True story, but I was just thinking about this yesterday as I finished watching the :

The Professional II: Mathilda, 15 years later.

Natalie Portman revives her first big role, this time having taken over for Leon as Old Tony's main cleaner.

I think it could be a great sequel. And if the script is good enough, wouldn't you think Portman would be glad to sign on? Anyone want to help me write the screenplay?

(Of course, someone from Hollywood can now see this idea here and steal it.)

11. HejiraHenry

Good idea. And it would be much less creepy to watch, I suppose.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, i didn't find the original that creepy. She had a crush on him, which happens with young girls all the time, but he never once even gave an indication of ever having an improper thought toward her. Then it would have been creepy. But her having a young girl crush on him wasn't so creepy.

Draft saved Draft deleted