1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Won't Believe What Happened in Orlando Next ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The story I read on CNN said those signs were visible from all vantage points.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

They should just have signs at the borders that say, "You're about to enter Florida. Are you sure about that?"

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Four alligators, all from that same lake? Smack dab in the middle of a highly populated resort area?

Maybe all the officials and such insisting this is so rare ought to reconsider.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I would imagine they cut the gators open to examine the contents of their stomachs. When I lived in Jacksonville, a guy lost his dog to a gator while walking somewhere near the intercoastal waterway.

I have a 2-year-old, and I can't imagine the horror this family is going through.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Could the parents be making this up?

6. Mr. Sunshine

As in the child's fate is more sinister?

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Considering all the outrage there was about shooting the West Palm Beach zoo tiger and the Cincinnati zoo gorilla, wouldn't you think animal rights activists would be upset that they're slicing open every alligator they find?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There are alligators in virtually every lake and pond in Florida. Some are very big. We went canoeing in one lake near Orlando and could always see gator eyes in the water within 100 feet. We would paddle toward them, and they'd go under. We hauled ass out of there when one started swimming toward us.

There is also a famous true story that a former Orlando Sentinel foreign correspondent (those were the days!) wrestled his yellow lab out of the jaws of a gator in a downtown Orlando lake.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They will find the body or the gator. They always do.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Alligators are ugly.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Exactly. Reptiles get a bad rap.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Jesus, another Orlando story. How did last week's innocuous home of Mickey Mouse suddenly become the scariest place in the world?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.