1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You think *you're* paying a lot for gas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 14, 2008.

1. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Changes coming. First is realization that dream lives nurtured by the one-time hundred year expansive explosive energy chit that oil provided was not sustainable. Laughable to carry away about dollars per gallon and driving habits in the face of declining supply, increased world competition, and suffocating pollution as if ,from our rocking chair front porch, we suffered from vacuous vapors while we implored our tattered defenders to fend off the invading hordes. Goodbye 70 degree suburban McMansion, bye tomatoes in winter, bye highchair USA Hummer frivolity. Hello Lebanonesque implosion of social order. "Here is the key to my root cellar, please don't shoot my family." Our suburban sweet dreamland is so obviously flucked if we don't quickly throw off lost predator capitalists and rejoin a more rational world community. I am starting to understand the wisdom in the Sunday morning handling of snakes.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Meanwhile, United is leading the way on increasing airfare prices for the fourth straight week. As much as $50 round-trip, depending on where you're going.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/03/14/airfares.ap/index.html

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The next bus I see on may way home from work at 12:30 a.m. will be the first.

Guess I'm not "looking into it" hard enough.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My favorite doomsday website:

http://lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I get a lot of emails that read like this.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Yeah, I'd love to use public transit. Stops running here at midnight. I get off work at 1.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They must all come from that website.

8. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Diddly thoughts, diddly squats. "Their's urban faces at the windows, painted all red sox- red and scary. I think they are trying to get into the root cellar. OMG get the chillens. Get the gun."

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

snuffy2 is our mordant poet of the looming apocalypse. We welcome you.

10. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

Thanx jg. Shorted gas and longed on rutabagas along with Florida State +13.5 today.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bookmark.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That ship might be sailing too. I filled up at Costco for $2.98 last week, 30 cents lower than other joints in town. Went back today and it was $3.29, only five cents lower than the best price I saw elsewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted