1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You stay classy, Memphis football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John, Aug 28, 2009.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thought most of the lack of class left with John Calipari. Oops.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How worse shirts weren't made when Arkansas had Nutt as coach and Dick as QB, I'll never know.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Too easy. Understanding that's never stopped some wannabe-creative sorts, but anyway ...

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

All the good T-shirt ideas were taken when Jason Peters faced the Cocks.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, the Hogs' QBs at one time were two Dicks (Casey and Nathan) and a Johnson (Robert) ...

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Statewide paper actually would use "Casey" in a headline instead of "Dick." You know, a really Red state.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I look at it this way. You're the University of Memphis and you're fighting an uphill battle for media attention, recruits and fans against a neighboring out-of-state school. I think I'd be a little snarky toward that school too.

BTW, I think the shirt's kind of funny. Be even funnier if they somehow knock off the Rebs a week from Sunday.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Albert, if they had said something along the lines of "kick them in the Nutt," that would be snarky. Insinuating you want to ejaculate on the Johnny-Rebs (or cause them to ejaculate on themselves) is just gross ...

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Is the coach's kid on the team or the staff? If so, we could be looking at a line of DEEZ NUTTS merchandise.

Draft saved Draft deleted