1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You stay classy, AP Photo

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Oggiedoggie, Mar 6, 2009.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It's like Thomas Jefferson said:

"Hey, it's not like I get to see titty every day in this job."

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, we know Ben Franklin never said that. He was gettin' it daily.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That reminds me how, in our California shop, on many days (especially the weekends) we don't seem to get a lot of good in-state news photos from AP (or stories that can run more than a brief) to put on our state page.

However, go to the Web site and slug search "Calif." or the big cities, and the same day you will get a page and a half of celebrity red-carpet photos that a) don't have a relevant story to go with it, and b) we wouldn't run outside the Lifestyle section anyway.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hey, give the guy a break. You know how hard it is to come by a picture of Pam Anderson's boobs?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If amateurs is more your thing, be sure and search for the Paraguay Nudists.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If my newspaper would run the Brazil Carnival photos, I guarantee we'd have record sales. Hell, I'd even buy a couple of copies of the paper.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The fashion week photo galleries and the like regularly get more clicks than anything else on our paper's site. Just ridiculously high numbers.

8. Sneed

Sneed Guest

I think we've discovered the solution to newspapers' salvation.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

On a side note, the World Baseball Classic photos really should be slugged something different than BBO.

There is so much to sift through when you search that because it brings up all of the spring training photos as well.

11. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Try searching under BBI. That's how the stories are slugged.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Then why do the photos come up when I search BBO?

Draft saved Draft deleted