1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You stay classy, AP Photo

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Oggiedoggie, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Was it really necessary to send three nip slip-type photos of Pamela Anderson from the Westwood's Fall-Winter 2009-2010 ready-to-wear collection show in Paris?

For that matter, what publications ever use the seminude fashion photos that come across the AP Photo wire?

We don't.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

These photos exist purely for the amusement of photo desks and underpaid deskers.

Everybody knows that.

(Plenty of European/Asian pubs would use such photos, BTW.)

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fashion magazines? Blogs? US Weekly? No idea.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

this thread is nothing without photos

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yup.

6. HejiraHenry

Mae: What if at a key moment in the game my, my uniform bursts open and, uh, oops, my bosoms come flying out? That, that might draw a crowd, right?

Doris: You think there are men in this country who ain't seen your bosoms?

7. Nice pull, HH.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Then, why send then to the American zone?

We don't usually get everything shot in Europe. Well, except for all those stupid German zoo polar bear photos.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think the newspaper photo gallery folks eagerly await such photos to post online.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I was looking for some LPGA shots the other night and saw one of Paula Creamer from the weekend in Asia. The photog was directly in front of her. She was reading a green, knees slightly apart bent in a 90 degree angle, thighs parallel to the grass. The photo looked right up to her .....
    I'm sure she was wearing skorts, but it was hard to tell. I can't imagine anybody using that photo in a publication.

11. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Photogs shooting golf LIVE for this shot. They got one last year, too. I see London, I see France, etc.

12. HejiraHenry

Quite the golf shoot from, um, Thigh-land.

Draft saved Draft deleted