1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You should love him like I do Jets fans!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

His last line on topic is the money shot:

"5. I take nothing back."

PK fails to factor in the thousands of Brett Favre Jet jerseys that sold in the first few days. Shelling out a a couple of hundred dollars for Jet jersey seems pretty loyal to me.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I heard 60,000 jerseys have been sold.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Seriously. What the fuck? The only way a "great moment in the recent history of the franchise" was happening on St. Favre Exhibition Day was if some nubile streaker was involved. Otherwise, it was meaningless football.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Talked to my buddy who works for the Jets last night. They're stocking red No. 4 jerseys (as in no-touch practice gear) and they're flying off the shelves. What a bunch of shitty fans.

5. 93Devil

Or if Jason Taylor started dancing.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What an arrogant fucktard...

Condescending prick.

7. 93Devil

Nice to see they are thinking of the Bloods. The Crips might get mad.

All kidding aside, this looks like a windfall for the Jets, even if he does stink the joint up and they win three games. He is so much better than the bum they trotted out there who reminded me of Kyle Boller.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

King's response was a crock. Actually his first sentence of the entire piece put it in perspective better than his b.s. responses to legit reader e-mails:

The problem with preseason football, other than the fact it's preseason football, is you never have any idea what it means.

Exactly. Doesn't mean shit. Even if Favre played the whole game and threw 9 TD passes, there's not a single Jet fan who would tell his/her grandkids about it in 50 years. It... doesn't... matter.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

His worst point might have been the comparison that if Kobe Bryant signed with the Knicks four years from now, they'd sell out MSG. "You think there'd be an empty seat in the house?" he says.

MSG seats 19,763 people. It's a little easier to sell out than the 80,000-seat Giants Stadium. Talk about an apples to oranges argument.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Joe Fan: Hon, I think we should head out to see Favre Saturday night, it's one of the great moments in the recent history of our franchise!

Mrs. Fan: You're an idiot.

Joe Fan: But we already have the tickets! They're paid for!

Mrs Fan: Have you also paid for the parking, beer, concessions, gas, and the divorce lawyer I'm going to call?

Joe Fan: Huh. Maybe there's a good movie on cable.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Joe Fan 1: I think we should head out to see Favre Saturday night, it's one of the great moments in the recent history of our franchise!

Joe Fan 2: Is Jenn Sterger showing her tits at the concourse at halftime?

Joe Fan 1: I don't think so.

Joe Fan 2: Fuck it. UFC #89 - "Balls in a Vise" PPV is on. My cousin Joey can hook us up for free.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

2. Let's say in four years, when Kobe Bryant is considered one of the 10 best players of all time, he migrates to the Knicks in free agency, and the Knicks play their opening exhibition game at Madison Square Garden against the Wizards. You think there'd be an empty seat in the house? Dream on. That's what this is. Brett Favre, the legend, playing his first game outside of Green Bay after being the sole focus of the sports world for three weeks. I don't care if he plays 14 snaps -- which he did -- or 40. If you're a real Jets fan, and you've got tickets, and you're not out of town, you'd be there.

Wow. The "King" has the gaul to tell us whose real and who isn't out of us Jets fans.

What a pompous jerk.

Draft saved Draft deleted