1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You should love him like I do Jets fans!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Peter King should know better. The Jets sell out every game after 40 years of mostly awful football. Most of the fan base lives 3 hours of travel time away. Not to mention that this was NOT Farve's first game in Jet uniform, this was NFL preseason crap. Farve's first real home game will be a sellout.

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

It doesn't. You don't understand....once you have Favre in your life, what was the past is now forgotten and you're born again.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yankees were at home with 18 dates left at Ruth's house.

It's August and one of the last weekends before school starts.

Not that hard to see why there were empty seats.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He did look good though.

I could see the Jets winning at least eight games with Favre.

I could see them winning three with the other guy they trotted out.

5. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I was impressed with him. Even on that sack, he made the right read, but the screen receiver got caught up in a sea of defenders, and Farve tucked the ball away and took the sack instead of making a dumb throw.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season....despite me being a pagen which King has accused me of being.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

King has once again outdone himself. There is a big contingent of Jet Season ticket holders from Long Island and CT that would have to travel upwards of 2 hours to see Favre play what 6 plays.
    Not to mention that once you get to the Meadowlands the parking is a major problem due to all the construction. No thanks.

I am looking at my unused tickets right now on my desk. I could not even give them away. Perhaps I'll frame them and sell on EBAY in 10 years as collectable of Brett's first Jet game.

Many of these season ticket holders that King was critical of will be the same ones who get rewarded for the loyalty next year with big PSL bills they can't afford. If he thinks there is no loyalty now wait till Firemen Eddy and his friends are replaced by a couple of hedge fund managers from Goldman.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This jackass once again proves how out-of-touch he is with the average fan.

That paragraph is one of his all-timers.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I truly hope he is inundated with e-mails telling him what a fucking ridiculous statement that was. Just absurd.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am surprised that you have not seen Brett play before. He has been on many tv games over the years when he played for the Packers.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How much did King pay for his ticket?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Days like this make me embarrassed to be an OhioU J-school grad.

Draft saved Draft deleted