1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You should love him like I do Jets fans!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I think I don't want to hear what great fans the Jets have. Not for a long time. That crowd Saturday night was a disgrace. At least half the stadium was empty for Favre's debut in a Jets' uniform. I expressed my amazement to a few fellow scribes Saturday night -- emphasizing that N.Y. traded for an all-time-great quarterback, not a broken-down one -- and they gave varying reasons for the poor turnout. Like it's the middle of vacation month for New Yorkers, and it's a preseason game. Horsefeathers. If you really love your team, and you have season tickets, you should have been at that game unless you were in Tibet. Ridiculous.- Peter King

I guess Jets fans don't deserve a player like Favre since we don't give the type of good loving Peter has provided over the years to #4.

To throw Jets fans under the bus because they're not worshipping under the shrine of Favre Mr. King has erected?   Speaking of erect...I get the feeling thats the state Peter is in anytime he writes about Brett Favre.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Not to mention the Olympics were on.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The Jets should rescind all of the season tickets that went unused on Saturday. That'll teach 'em.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So was a cool movie on TV... some Hogan's Heroes reruns too...

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm just saying, it was interesting enough to draw 40 million viewers. I wouldn't begrudge somebody staying home to watch it.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mine was going more along the lines of A) we've been Favre'd to death and B) if it was New Orleans instead of New York the hue-and-cry would be far less...

7. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Forget you guys with your common sense. I should be blinded by love for Favre...just like Peter King said I should.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuck you, Peter King. Fuck YOU. I hope you read this board and see that I have written

FUCK YOU, PETER KING

in big, black, capital letters. And it is directed right to YOU, Peter King.

Not only is your point idiotic, it is insulting. NFL owners rape their fan base by charging full prices for exhibition games and forcing season-ticket holders to buy them. To chide any fans for not showing up for a fake game shows that you, Peter King, are completely out of touch with reality. Next up, you'll belittle any Jet fan who has not yet bought a Brett Favre jersey.

YOU, Peter King, are the disgrace. Jets fans are great for NOT showing up to a fake game just because your version of the Pope was there. You're a complete buffoon.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I must admit, I was pretty surprised by the low turnout.

That's their right. It's preseason football and the guy was only going to play a quarter.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If this was the season opener maybe - maybe - he'd have a point (though with the escalating costs of going to a game, I have a hard time blaming fans of any team for staying away these days). But a preseason game? Come on. I went to one when I was 12. Even then I was bored to tears by about midway through the second quarter.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

He was not going to play anywherre near a full quarter ... originally was scheduled for one series, decided to play two series.

And the fact the Peter King is a jackass as well as Brett's lover is not news.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This bothers me more than any of his Starbucks stories, tales of travel woe or updates on the kids. There are few bigger frauds in all of sports than NFL preseason.

Draft saved Draft deleted