1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You people are so greedy...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Feb 22, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...according to Sam Zell.

http://www.laobserved.com/biz/2012/02/zell_newspaper_peopl.php

::)

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Reporters had the gall to ask for a clean bowl of rice.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What a gutless coward he is. He burns the Tribune to the ground with someone else's money, then has the gall to blame the people producing the content that actually make it worth something? What the hell did he provide to the Tribune, other than a willingness to stand on the goddamn accelerator as the whole company when through a guardrail and over a cliff?

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

DD, agree with it all, but at this point, he's clearly such a lunatic that it's almost not even worth worrying about anymore. It's like saying Jeffrey Dahmer is sick or something. Zell took on something he didn't understand, even the tiniest little bit, and thousands of people paid.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Loved this part:

Damn you tiny people and your need for breathing room! If we stack eight to a cubicle you can be even more productive!

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Greedy? I think he's right. When I took a pay cut and my two furloughs, all I thought about was money. :p

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's always the greedy workers trying to make a living wage that are keeping the billionaires from being trillionaires.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

After pay was docked to 8 cents a day with 20 furlough days a year.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Our world is divided into two kinds of people: content providers and discontent providers.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Johnny, you're the best.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not to mention the hiring of executives gaining special repulsiveness ratings . . .

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I was in a restaurant with him the other day. He said Ramen for everybody. LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted