1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You only cover us when our dance team...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The best part of that whole thing was that the girls' shirts had the word "dancer" printed on the sleeve. Like that gives them some sort of security clearance to be on the gym floor at halftime or something.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

inappropriate? probably.

very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bad? definitely.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Haven't finished watching the video yet, and I'm not really so much upset with the routine, but more upset that one of the girls doesn't even know what she is doing have the time and seems have quite a difficult time getting back up into position. Doesn't look like she is exactly healthy enough to be on a dance team.

UPDATE: Just finished. Fast forwarded through the final three or four minutes, though. I've seen much, much, much, worse than that. This is just your classic example of uptight parents who will find ANYTHING to get themselves in the spotlight because they can.

That choreographer needs to consider finding a new career. Quick.

Like txsportsscribe said: "Very bad? Definitely."

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Hey! Take your criticism to dancejournalists.com! I had no idea so many dance critics hung out here.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Tell you what? If that school had any pride, those girls wouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a dance floor in the first place. And where I come from, all teams and groups representing the school have to have a school adviser. Thus, the dance routine would have to be vetted by a teacher.

I didn't see them 'pretending to turn sexual favours on guys.' Maybe I didn't watch it long enough. I saw really, really bad dancing, heard too much screaming, turned off the sound, saw more really bad dancing, and then turned it off.

If you want to draw the comparison between this and the other issue, that's your crooked drawing. Have fun with it.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

They might be qualified to be dance on a Tuesday between the breakfast and lunch buffets.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's pathetic. Can't believe a father didn't walk out of the stands and yank his daughter off that floor.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Almost every dance team I've seen or writen stories for do their routines wearing something similar to what those girls were wearing; so that I don't mind.

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I think most volleyball players wear less.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

This is true.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You still never answered the question about why we can't discuss Jessica Simpson's weight, but it is OK to send messages to high school girls that it is all right to wear spandex and shake their asses, pretend to do sex acts, etc.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Nothing against your argument at all, but I don't see a similarity or reason to debate the difference between Jessica Simpson's weight and high school girls' dance routine.

Draft saved Draft deleted