1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You meanies stop picking on poor little Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 31, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071031/D8SK33080.html

Typical feminist crap: they want to be treated as equals, but can't take the heat without complaining that the boys are being mean.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Bin Laden is not going to give a crap if she is female. If she can't hold up to Barack Obama or John Edwards how will she deal North Korea and Iran?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She sounds very Presidential already :'(

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I read the piece, hondo, but fail to see the "feminist" kvetching you mention. Am I missing something?

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Missed as well.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is all playing to form.

You're in front, the last thing you want to do is to be specific about individual issues . . . your opinion about which might saw some fringe voters off.

The farther back you are (see: Biden, Joe), the more chances you can take.

You're off the hook re voting for the war (see: Edwards, John), you can take shots at everyone else whose heads were on the voting bloc.

All the hip kids know the rules and strategies, and they're playing them, as best they can.

Hillary's a giant pain in the ass. We all know it. But she had the sense to wait to run until she could follow up the most concentrated eight years of sheer mononocism and piggishness anyone alive has ever witnessed out of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

But then . . . you know she ain't stupid.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Kudos to you Hondo for fabricating an argument that I never even saw listed in the story. Nowhere did the issue of feminism come up. Nowhere did Hillary claim she was being picked on. Hell, there really even weren't comments from her about how she was treated in the debate.

But yes, once we put all that bullshit aside, I guess some of what you said could be true. ::) In fantasyland.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Goes both ways.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" is a galvanizing moment when Reagan says it.

If Hillary says it, she's being a shrill bitch.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bush. Clinton. Clinton. Bush. Bush. Clinton? :'(

This country sucks. :mad:

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Pretty damn bad . . . though preferable to "9/11! 9/11!", or Mr."If you don't like my beliefs, I have others".

She knew that, going in, too.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I will not and you can't make me...

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We'll find out if Hillary can really handle it or not, but in the meantime, let's stop all this "meanies" and "feminist" bullshit, k? If you dislike her, good on ya. But you typically bust a coronary when someone deigns do the same to Bush.

Draft saved Draft deleted