1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You may have meant to search for bleeds--i.e. Drew Bledsoe retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 12, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

When I searched to see if anyone had posted about Bledsoe retiring today, that's what I got: You may have meant to search for bleeds.

Kinda appropriate, yes?

Anyway, I feel older today. When a guy who was in college when I was in college and was the top target in my first fantasy drafts is retiring after fine careers...damn.

I always thought Bledsoe was underrated. Had a gun (still does) and took a hellacious beating for some terrible teams and had some terrible luck over the last few years. I know Pats fans who wanted to wring his neck for seemingly always throwing the wrong pass at the wrong time and he was a terrible choice to QB a team with no line this year in Dallas...but he always struck me as a classy guy who deserved a little bit better and he deserves some credit for not hanging on.

Thought this quote was pretty impressive: "I fulfilled a childhood dream the first time I stepped on an NFL field, and the league did not let me down one time." Well, that's not true. Belichick crapped all over him, even if it did result in three championships. It's too bad he'll be best known for nearly getting killed on the field and opening the door for Tom Brady to become an international superstar. Well, that and being called gay by a clown sportswriter.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

His father is among the biggest douches on the face of the Earth. Drew, however, seems like a good guy.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The NFL just lost one of its best scrambling quarterbacks it's ever seen.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sounds like something Dan Dierdorf would say after seeing said QB run for a first down for the only time in his life. . . . .

Oh, wait, he did say that. About Rob Johnson.

5. Class act. Always was.
    But Jeebus, did anyone of his stature ever lose the starting job three times with three different teams and always to a guy you never heard of? Weird career.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We can only hope Tony Romo has the career Tom Brady has had.

7. I think the things we agree on is now up to 11.

Drew Bledsoe - Class guy.

May the road rise to meet you Drew and may the wind always be at your back.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Drew Bledsoe was a class guy and a good, but not great QB. Better than Testaverde and Plunkett, but nowhere close to an elite quarterback.

9. Hey, we agreed on how great your Lou Merloni thread was.

10. Ok - make it 12 things

I may just keep that thread alive

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You two need to get a room... And the great thing about it is that FB can now post pictures of the liaison afterward.

12. I'm sorry. I thought there'd be info here about Bledsoe.

Draft saved Draft deleted