1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know you're screwed when....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

... the Weather Channel sends a reporter to your city to report on the weather!!

I was flipping through the channels and I see Mike Seidel standing in a blustery Milwaukee talking about how we are going to get $#@%ed by a blizzard later tonight. Great.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Could be worse. Could be the Gabriel of weather, Jim Cantore.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just keep that shit up there, boss. Do NOT send it below your borders.

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

We're in a tornado watch right now. ;D (I loves to chase tornadoes).

In three hours we'll be in a blizzard watch.

The tornado watch expires as 6 p.m. tonight, while the blizzard watch goes until 6 a.m. tomorrow. I think the National Weather Service is in CYA mode when they have two watches of these sorts overlap each other by three hours.

5. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

They've been in my town looking for tornadoes before, which doesn't lend itself to many secure feelings.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'd glady sacrifice some nice weather is it meant Stephanie Abrams got out from behind the desk and back in the field, preferably in NE Ohio.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You think you got it bad, webby?

In Colorado, white-out conditions were so bad they had a 35-vehicle wreck just east of Denver on I-70.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5288928

Here's I-70 at E-470 (the airport access road, I think), near where the wreck happened:

[​IMG]

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My wife's sister lives in NW Kansas, and in the last 24 hours, they've been under a tornado watch and a blizzard watch.

9. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

More than a foot of snow here, windy and blowing white out conditions. Fortunately I don't have to go to the gym today after digging out.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I feel like I'm in that movie, "The Day After Tomorrow."

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm stuck in a gym, as I've been for the last four-plus days, with an unnamed SportsJournalists.commer covering what is now the 33rd basketball game of 36...

anyone want to trade?

12. boots

boots New Member

Yeah, you are about to get fucked. Make sure you stock up on canned goods.

Draft saved Draft deleted