1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know that you're old school if you can....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jun 3, 2007.

1. joe king

joe king Active Member

A few cartoons I don't think have been mentioned (and I'm not wading through 14 pages to find out):

Clutch Cargo (with his pals, Spinner and Paddlefoot), and Space Angel (Blast off into exciting advertures in space with Scott McCloud(sp?) ... Space Angel!) -- Both had the creepy real lips on the cartoon bodies animation.

Bat Fink (``My wings are like a shield of steel!'')

Roger Ramjet (Roger Ramjet he's our man, hero of our nation ...)

Felix the Cat (``Righteo!'')

Deputy Dog (with Muskie the Muskrat and Vincent Van Gopher)

Sheriff (Bing-bing-bing!) Ricochet Rabbit (and Deputy Droopalong)

The Go-Go Gophers (Watch 'em go, go go)

Chilly Willy

Andy Panda

Secret Squirrel (with Morocco Mole and that arch-villain, Yellow Pinkie)

Cool McCool (``Danger is my business, No. 1'')

Speaking of Phil Rizzuto for the Money Store, who else remembers another Money Store pitchman -- Billy Packer -- doing the broacast for the Putt-Putt championships?

And, Boots, I had a Major Matt Mason and several of his sidekicks. And not only did I have G.I. Joe, I had the British, French and German G.I. Joes, as well as the space capsule and space suit.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

TTIUWO George of the Jungle. "George, George, George of the Jungle, friend to you and me..."

Schallert has had an amazing run as a supporting actor or a starring actor. I have to ask if Richard Anderson ($6 Million Man and Perry Mason fame) can be considered up there as actors who have done a lot of t.v. work over the last 50 years?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

... remember how cool it used to be to eat a Big Mac.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

At that time, it was the biggest burger I ever tried to eat. I ate only one Big Mac in my life, because I hated that thousand island sauce they put on that sucker. I'm a ketchup and mustard guy.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

QP and cheese beat the hell out of it back in the day, and it continues to do so today.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My favorite burger of all time was Jack in the Box's Ultimate Cheeseburger: 2 big slabs of beef, cheese, ketchup. Man alive, I kept the Long Beach JITB in business for quite a few years with those; not to mention, the thousands of 99-cent tacos ...

Tommy's chiliburgers were a close second.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

never could get behind the tacos.

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

To the William Schallert-Richard Anderson fans, I think Bernie Kopell would also fit the pattern. He was on so many shows, I can't remember them all.

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

He was very funny on Get Smart, if I recall, before his doofus turn on Love Boat.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When you'd roll into an A&W, and you didn't have to get ouf the car. Just roll down the window and they'd hang the tray.

Like most things the teenburgers now aren't quite as good as I remembered.

11. JR and the folks stop for refreshment on the way to seeing the Maroons play.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sad thing is, FB, you're not far off.

My high school years were essentially Canadian Graffiti.

And I'm not exaggerating.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted