1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know its mid-February when...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by statrat, Feb 14, 2007.

1. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Barely.

I know that NASCAR is a big deal, though I personally don't get it. But I need my semi-daily dose of PTI. Grrrr. Honestly? I'd rather watch the dog show than hear about a mysterious substance on Michael Waltrip's intake manifold. I don't know much about much, but that just sounds wrong.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Take gambling out of the NFL, which would attract better TV ratings, the NFL or NASCAR? Say what you will about some NASCAR fans, but they are among the most loyal out there.

Oh, and this NASCAR fans cracks me up every time.

http://youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DjGkOhyq47_c

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Two-way traffic and I'll watch.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just as many of you don't "get" NASCAR, there's many of us who just don't "get" soccer.

That being said, anything that takes PTI and ATH off the air is good, even if it were dog shows or strongman competitions.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Oz - what kinda youtube vid are you posting? When I go to it, I get a prompt asking me to sign in because that vid has been "flagged as possibly inappropriate for under 18" ...
    Are you trying to say rednecks at a NASCAR event aren't suitable for children?
    :)

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sxy, it's nonstop cussing by a parent in front of children. And shouts after a spinout that "Jimmy Johnson should be shot!" The way NASCAR should be. :D

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Jim Cantore was in Syracuse for their zillion-inch snowfall, and I think he was disappointed that up there, they do their thing in ungodly brutal blizzards without missing a beat. Sorry, Danger Jim, no weather catastrophe for you today.

Draft saved Draft deleted