1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know it's football season ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

... when you make an excuse to read Peter King, even though you know he's going to make some stupid remark that sets you off for no good reason. Like this one from Monday ...

... Pot, meet kettle.

I apologize for the first of like 50 Peter King rants that folks here will start before the season begins, but this one thing really got me. Not a Peter King hater -- I mean, I do read his columns -- but sometimes I wish he spent more of his columns on football than on food, coffee and a zillion travel complaints.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I just wish he'd do something about that Bride of Frankenstein headshot that runs with the column ... creepiest online column sig since Chad Ford's malformed midget hand.

3. Mutah

Mutah Member

He's just pissed 'cuz his daughter missed the cut for the finals.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He uses the word dolts. He rules.

5. BostonCeltz

BostonCeltz Guest

Don't forget about his consistantly idiotic baseball tidbits. Jeter's the best player he's EVER seen?? Um...just focus on football, Pete.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I can never get over King's lack of awareness of his own irony. He yammers about eating contests and people starving in New York, but then in his piece on Eagles camp takes to grading the local deli lunch like a gradeschool teacher, down to an "A" for his apple juice.

It's like the biggest inside joke in sj land, and it's on us.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He's right. They shouldn't glorify these gluttons. They should make them offensive linemen.

Draft saved Draft deleted