1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You knew this was coming: Dmitri Young, "inspiration," "role model" and "mentor"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Re: You knew this was coming: Dmitri Young, "inspiration," "role model" and "men

As much grief as I've given Old_Tony on the political threads, it would be ungentlemanly of me not to credit him for being the first to pipe up on behalf of professional open-mindedness.

At what point does a writer's healthy skepticism tip over into purposeless cynicism? At what point do you simply stop writing because you already know how every story ends?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Precisely my point jgmacg. It seems far too many people on this board are so jaded by their experiences and by their own cynical beliefs that there's no actual hope for anyone, a future, etc., ad nauseum.

Jesus, and some of you people have children. I'd hate to think what kind of rosy picture you paint for them.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

By now, we all know how things are in Starman's world of absolutes... no gray area, no forgiveness, no benefit of the doubt...EVER!

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I won't go that far because for the most part, I like Starman's sense of justice and his sense of humor. But in this case, I think it's gone too far.

Draft saved Draft deleted