1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You have three blue-sky days...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

... and you can go anywhere in the U.S., on someone else's dime, to do something fun and goofy and adventurous that you've always wanted to do.

What do you do?

Or what's in your neck of the woods that would be worth flying in for? A great fishing hole, a killer poker room, a fabulous place to jump off a cliff (hopefully into water), a really big ball of twine...

And please be forewarned: I reserve the right to steal any idea posted on this thread for a future story.*

*That's kind of the point, actually.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What, a tour with the World's Most Dangerous Polka Band isn't in the works? ;)

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Three successive days?

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

Three successive days, yes. Four even.

But no polka.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Do you have to spend all the days in the same place?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Time of year is our choice? Sorry for the questions. Want to give you a good answer.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What if it rains on the second and third day, can you stay longer?

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'd probably go down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. It'd be especially poignant with the city's attempts to recover from Katrina.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He wants to know if you live near the World's Biggest Naked Go-Kart Race and Watermelon Eating Competition.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd head back to Montana and hike Glacier, trying to avoid bears, of course.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Any time of year. If rain interrupts, you can stay longer. If rain helps, you can wait for rain.

I was thinking "blue-sky day," as in empty, open, anything-can-happen kind of day.

There really are no limits, except that it should probably cost less than $3,000. But if it would cost more, post it anyway, just for the spark.

And thanks in advance for giving this some thought, sincerely.

Naked Go-Karting would be a possibility. I think I'd call it, Crank Shaft.

12. Jones

Jones Active Member

Missed pally's question: No, not necessarily. It could be a road trip. It shouldn't be fly to LA, to NYC, to Chicago. But it could be driving a particular stretch of highway, say.

Draft saved Draft deleted