1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You guys RULE! The Seattle P-I thanks you.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by P-I sports desk, Mar 17, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was plastic well used...

2. POKES

POKES New Member

A scanned copy of the agate (those final papers are hard to find!) is posted at http://www.sportsdesigner.org/PIdeals.jpg

Jim Peterson, God of agate and all things sports, is one the funniest, smartest and talented people on the planet.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

desk (and everyone else there last night), it was an honor. Thanks to the crew at Buckley's for helping make it happen, and 'gola for spreading the word.

When I called, the guy who took my info said, "That will keep them drinking for ... oh, another 10 minutes or so." If that was true, I can only imagine the total damage ...

And that agate page sounds is awesome.

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Classy move by those that contributed. What a smart idea. Kudos.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That agate page warmed my heart.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The agate page is 100% awesome. Until you realize that's ... 18? people just from sports. Dang.

But still, awesome guys. Wait to go out on your own terms.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

awesome ... thanks Pokes ... needed a good laugh around here, like lots of other places

8. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

'Twas my pleasure and as slappy said, was plastic well used. Only wish I could have tipped one back with all of you in person because the classy manner in which you and those at the Rocky have dealt with this tragedy is truly an inspiration to all of us.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Great to see the scan of that.

I doubt it could happen now, but can you imagine how much-loved and valued those aluminum press plates of that agate page would be, especially to those included in those transactions?

They'd be framed and hung by a lot of people, I'm sure.

I wonder what general readers going over the whole agate page thought of that, when they looked saw those "tranactions."

10. lono

lono Active Member

Then again, there was the toothpaste ...

As for the P-I staff, heartfelt good wishes in bad times. It was a honor to buy you a round. You deserved a lot better fate.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

gola was all over that.

i think that cougar-lovin' sonuvabitch did it just so he could chat up jim moore.

12. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Aye. Cheers, P-I.

Draft saved Draft deleted