1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You go to hell, American Home Shield. You go to hell and you die.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 12, 2007.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fuckabuncha home warranty shit.

Our a/c is out ... for the fourth time in the last five months. And every time we try to use this piece of shit hoem warranty (came with the hosue when we bought it), the SOBs drag their feet for days, then send some Bubba Gump contractor in a 20-year-old F150 out to put two fucking pounds of freon in the system and charge us $55 bucks for the pleasure. Clearly the system has a leak, but damned if they're willing to do the right thing (aka the thing they were PAID to do) and authorize a leak analysis, because that would cost actual money.

Meanwhile, it crossed the 100-degree mark for the sixth day in a row here. Tommorow is assured of being sevn, with no end in sight.

Yes, I know I'm screwed. Yes, we'll wind up having to pay out of pocket in the end. This is just your friendly reminder to run far, far away from this ripoff industry.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was an outstanding rant. The misspellings really conveyed the sense of rage.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

was this home new when you bought it? Reason I ask is, my AC is under warranty for five years from the date I bought the house. Only covers parts, but that's something.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is that the one also called 2-10 Home Warranty? If so, I'd rather have an exploding cigar penis than give them another dime.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I predict that exploding cigar penis will be a bigger catch phrase than get a fucking haircut ...

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've got an American Home Shield warranty that came with my house as well. The one plumbing repair I needed the contractor did more than he needed to do to complete the repair. So I think that in your case its Bubba Gump contractor being too cheap to do the work required. For the repair I had done, a couple of days later AHS was on the phone asking if I was satisfied with the service and if the problem was fixed. You've got to call AHS, jump through all the automated hoops until you get to an actual person, and then raise some hell.
    I had the home warranty included by the seller when I bought because the AC/Heating system is 20 years old (but still working fine for now).
    Did you know... that AHS gives the realtor a $50 kickback for each warranty they get someone to buy?

Draft saved Draft deleted