1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You don't need that: Average American spends almost $18,000 a year on nonessentials

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, May 8, 2019.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Oh my God. Put one in the first house I renovated and never went back. Second-floor laundry FTW.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Have you considered adding a garbage disposal? Never hurts to have an extra on hand.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Perhaps it’s my Southern coming out, but I will never understand not having window screens to keep out the bugs and critters.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Perhaps the rationale is, "What the hell, whatever comes in will go back out."
    I know, it's weird, but some people are so laid-back they can roll with anything.

Also, they're probably stoned.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Any critter that enters our house is committing suicide by cat.

Well, except these two:

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Mediaite

AOC Calls Out Chase Bank for #MondayMotivation Tweet Shaming Struggling Americans: ‘Heinous’

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You don't have to be Southern to appreciate window screens. The French also hate air conditioning, believing deeply that it's bad for your health.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Our apartment laundry room downstairs is big. About the size of a strip mall laundromat - or the laundry in a small, medium-security prison. Same industrial washers and dryers. Dollar a load.

It's always warm and humid and smells of fabric softener. The washboard is built right into the big sink. And there's a wringer.

Great way to meet the neighbors, too.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They also hate deodorant.

Tweener and Batman like this.
  10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

If the air in Paris is as polluted and exhaust-choked as London, nothing survives to get through.

Outside the big cities, they probably just take one look at the awful climate, give up and die.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Ex posted on Instagram last night that selling a few hundred dollars worth of her "art" made it possible for her to open her pool for the kids this summer.

The pool is in the backyard of a four-bedroom, fully renovated house on which she doesn't have a mortgage, because I bought it. In addition, I transferred $409,729.28 in cash into her accounts last week as part of our final settlement.

She has been told that any more posts suggesting that people buying her art is keeping her afloat will result in some serious shit.

Luckily I have drugs.

Carry on.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted