1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You doing anything on Memorial Day?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 25, 2008.

?

What are you doing Monday?

1. Working

21 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Not a damn thing - can't afford it

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Not a damn thing - by choice

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Trip, visiting family/friends, BBQing, surfing SJ.com

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody is doing anything special on Monday.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ms. Slappy wants to drive to Lynchburg for the day... so Jack Daniels, here we come -- again.
    On the other hand, it also means a chance to buy lottery tickets in Tennessee and bring back a pound of Whitt's Barbecue...

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Overeating various items of grilled food is on the agenda at some point both today and tomorrow. Today at a co-worker's, tomorrow at work.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That would be today's agenda...

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I will consume a Totino's pizza and attempt to force another language into the teflon-coated chunk of obsidian that is my brain.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I didn't know it was Memorial Day weekend until Thursday. Shows how much I pay attention.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Probably going to drive through the redwoods and to the coast. It's been awhile since I've seen the Pacific Ocean.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I put "working" since I have one story to write and a 4 1/2 hour drive home. Wheee.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

going to friends three blocks away tomorrow for annual b-bque/wine/beerfest. same five fams w/kids for about a half-dozen years or so. grand time: best buds and very local. perfect for we old fogies. 8)

due to hellacious spring allergies, mrs. shockey has been working her cute butt off inside the mansion the last two days. one of these years, she'll take the allergy-shots plunge. a tad stubborn, she is.

eldest shockey bo is at work all day. middle shickey heir is planting the flowers from sneezing mom. littlest shockey, almost done with his lyme's disease drugs, is with a friend at his parents' beach house out east.

me? i'm here, per usual. thanks to all for having me.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here. My plans: Seeing Indy 4, trying not to flood my kitchen (again), sleeping.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I volunteered to work, since the wife is out of town. I'll take the holiday pay.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Collecting triple time. Show me the money! I loves that holiday pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted