1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You design the uniform

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writestuff1, Nov 15, 2010.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

A million times, yes. But then again, I looooove me some lime green. Seriously. I love it.

When it comes to football design, simpler is better. The best-dressed teams in the NFL are the Jets, Giants, Cowboys, Bears, Packers, and Chiefs. Classic, timeless looks. The Chargers would bolt (tee-hee) to the top of the list if they ever made the permanent switch to the powder blues. Same for the Bills with their throwbacks.

Oregon's winged shoulders are stupid, but the colors had potential if they weren't matched by a blind person. White helmets and pants, dark green jerseys. Simple and effective.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

At least the wings made more sense on Oregon's jersey than they did on Florida's "throwback" from last season.

And they're infinitely better than the tire-tread look from a few seasons ago.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I honestly paid no attention to the name on the jersey, just looked for a Hartford uni.

Verbeek was great. How can you hate someone with the nickname, "The Little Ball of Hate."

Not a Hartford fan, but more of a Peter Karmanos hater (for several reasons).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. I'm mostly indifferent about the Whalers, but as a fan of Icethetics, I must say their logo is one of best in sports history. It's perfectly simple. I'm still not convinced green and blue go well together, though.

5. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

For some reason, I spontaneously vomited as soon as I scrolled down and saw that. Good God.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

hell yeah. If Jersey Shore was on 20 years ago the Situation and Pauley D would be wearing those pants.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

All of a sudden, I have the urge to go buy a case of SURGE!!!!

8. Quakes

Quakes Guest

Really? I'd take both of these over Oregon's throwbacks:

[​IMG]

9. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

As an avid AFL fan. I say Tampa Bay had the best Zubaz, and these are spectacular.

10. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Kerwin Bell had to be one of the best looking QBs in the world wearing this.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Oh god, I'm not trying to start a war by saying this, but I love the Steelers' old unis.

12. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Surge? Gross. Who the hell ever enjoyed Surge?

Draft saved Draft deleted