1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You decide.... and I'm gonna take your advice...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Jul 24, 2006.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Don't let him distract you by reflecting light off that grill. It's the oldest trick in the book.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Normally I don't agree with a word Lou writes ... but this was freaking funny. Just once, just once I'd like to see this.

3. my thoughts...exactly

4. Arrr.. ahoy dare Jason. Did you dump your posts? Ye should have much more than 46.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yes, high risk, low reward.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There's no high risk for Jason, though.
    He's not going to lose a debate against Jackson.
    Meanwhile, another audience is served by an interesting and informed opinion on the subject of diversity in sports journalism.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

don't do it. the only way to rise above the springer level is not to be drawn into it. be a friend to SAS if you must, but the show is way beneath you, jason. :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Did Lincoln duck Douglas?
    Did Kennedy duck Nixon?

"Have you no sense of decency, Scoop? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

KIck his ass.

9. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I dunno...there's a chance for Jason and yes, even Scoop, to do some good when it comes to getting some younger folks interested in our business, and perhaps advance us on the diversity front.

Of course, I'm the guy JW called an "idiot editor" once because he and I disagreed on the quaility of a lead in the writers workshop, so what the hell do I know?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It would be great TV... I would love to see you bludgeon Scoop on TV...

I like Stephen A. more than most on this board, but I still think they need a voice of reason.... That means you Whitlock... ;D

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You have to go on, Jason, not to provide a beat down per say. Conduct yourself as someone who can educate others on the issue. You're a reporter; Scoop is a sensationalist. By going on with the facts and experience that you have, you can simply state your case for the masses to see.

You don't have to beat down Scoop. Just be the classy, educated pro that you are and people will see the difference between this and that.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

um, who the hell is scoop jackson? ??? ??? ???

Draft saved Draft deleted