1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You decide.... and I'm gonna take your advice...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Jul 24, 2006.

1. SAS show wants me to come on and discuss diversity in sports writing WITH Scoop....

I make it a point never to turn down interview requests from fellow sports writers or people who previously were guests on my old radio show. I'm a big SAS fan, supporter and longtime friend.

I'm opposed to giving Scoop a platform to discuss an issue he knows nothing about. I don't mind raising and using my pimp hand, but the kind of whipping I'd put on Scoop might make some folks very, very uncomfortable.

Right now, my position is I've spoken on this issue and there's no reason to bludgeon Scoop on TV.

Thoughts?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Wear black.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Do whatever you like. I don't watch Screamin A. Smith.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You smacking around Scoop would be the one thing that gets me to watch SAS, who on his best day is a Ralph Wiley wanna-be.

(Come to think of it, we're all Ralph Wiley wanna-bes. RW was The Man.)

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He needs to be ripped in public.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of Smith's show, but this kind of thing he should do more of.
    I think you should go on the show and drop the hammer on Jackson if necessary.
    It could be a very interesting show.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As long as the ripping is done professionally and intelligently, go for it.

But if SAS wants you two to go Springer about the subject, avoid it.

8. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I'd tune in to watch that, and I never ever watch SAS. Yes, you've spoken on the subject. doing it again and smacking down the nobody Scoop would be outstanding.

9. Just don't wear that outfit you worn on PTI today.

If I gave you a frilly pirate shirt would you wear it?

Hey - that's your way out. Go on the show but only talk to Scoop in pirate talk. "Arrrrr.... avast ye Scoop. Ye have no idea what you be talkin' about in regard t' this subject. I have explain this t' you a number o' times but obviously you be too stupid t' understand. Arrrr... now undo me buckle and shiver me timber. Arrrr... that's the way I's likes it."

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Could you spare a dime for an old buccaneer? :D

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

JW:

Have the fans been told to boo you? Or Scoop?

12. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

Seems like there's a lot more in it for scoop than there is for you. Just because you're right doesn't mean you should give him the platform to argue with you about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted