1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You chose... poorly.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 5, 2016.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

All my family was Cardinals fans except for my favorite aunt. We bonded over the Cubs.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would say the rest of your family chose poorly, while you and your aunt did not.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Anyone else thinking we should just rename this thread the "Buck's Bad Decision Thread"?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If we're talking bad gambling stories, I'm gonna need more bandwidth ...

Had an online sports betting account for a while, until I discovered "live" betting and unloaded the entire account on USC with six minutes to go in the 2006 Rose Bowl.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ouch!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It will soon be longer than the Trump Cheats at Golf Thread!

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

ruh roh.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I went through a phase as a teen in the 80s when I often wore these:

[​IMG]

Ace, StaggerLee and RickStain like this.
  9. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I've had four — two part time, two full time. Still have a part-time gig.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In '88 I decided to buy my first new car, '88 Mustang GT (225hp!!; 0-70 in 2nd gear!!); three months later my buddy decides to buy the exact same car!

Shortly thereafter we both decide to redline it at 6000 rpms (which meant 140 even though speedometer only went to 85) and somehow we avoided detection (yes, there were adult beverages consumed prior to race).

Other bad decision, last day in Maui with buddy and we've only got one set of snorkel gear (turned in the other rental set) so brilliantly I decide to go out by myself and without paying attention soon realize I've drifted waaay out and nearly freak out; quick panic attack which almost leads to sinking, but somehow get back to shore. Buddy says "where were you going? Couldn't you hear me?"

Stupid, stupid.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Another LifeProTip... don't stick your finger into the socket of a lamp to see if it is turned on.

Ace likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted