1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Can't Spell Cardinals Without NCAA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: You can't spell Pitino without NIT

No doubt. I won't get a chance to see this one, but after seeing what they did at Pitt last Monday night, I'm sold.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

News for you all, Ball State is NOT going to the tournament, I don't know where this Cardinals NCAA talk comes from.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Somewhere, Bonzi Wells sighs.

4. Sad to say Ball State has been relevant only once since Bonzi and McCallum left ... and that was about five years ago when, if I'm not mistaken they beat Duke UCLA and Kansas :p down in Hawaii ... good times, good times.

5. Except they still ended up in the NIT that year ...

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, Ball State did beat KU ... which ended the regular season 27-2, ranked first in the country in both polls and went to th Final Four, before losing to the Terps. I loved how that Ball State played.

7. Conference doesn't matter.
    Important College Basketball Writers said so.
    Marquette's in huge trouble -- three in a row down, and Nova, ND and Pitt coming up.

8. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

Unless Marquette loses out and is bounced from the Big East tournament by a 12 seed or something, they're in.

9. I'm just saying "losing out" looks like a better possibility than it did two weeks ago.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

They've at least got Pitt and Nova at home. I can't see them losing both of those games.

Notre Dame is a total crapshoot. Who knows what team will show up that night.

11. Well, they hung on to beat Villanova. That's a start.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So, Freelance, you all finished with that crow or are there still leftovers in the fridge?

Draft saved Draft deleted