1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Can't Make this stuff up: Armless, legless girl and wants to cheerlead

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 15, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are standards set for this team. The girls who made it met those standards better than she did. Do I really have to go back into the whole slippery slope argument for you?

2. outofplace

Not even a little bit, but I do believe that the handicapped girl isn't the only one here who deserves fairness.

What we think of the activity itself is irrelevant. If it is insignificant, then who cares if the girl gets to be a cheerleader? See? That works both ways.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I should have sued my high school for not making the baseball team. The coach didn't accommodate my lack of depth perception.

4. outofplace

Interesting point. My high school football coaches didn't accommodate my asthma. Or my complete lack of speed. Those bastards!

5. outofplace

Fixed that for you.

I get your point. You think cheerleading is unimportant, so they should just toss the rules out for the handicapped girl.

My point, the one that you haven't even come close to grasping, is that it is important to her. And to the girls on the squad. And the parents involved. The fact that you think it doesn't matter is irrelevant to the discussion.

6. outofplace

And what you miss is that it is important to the people involved. If not, why give a fuck if the girl doesn't get to cheer?

Draft saved Draft deleted