1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You can't imagine my sorrow ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Jan 10, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I was gone all day, working out, training top athletes, whatever, and saw JDV's thread finally got locked. As much fun as "Turning Down a Romp in the Hay" was, JDV's thread blew it out of the water, crushed it like JDV squeezing a can of Schlitz between his butt cheeks, whatever.

it will be missed. :'(

Whatever.

PS- Moddy, I understand if you don't want this turn into an offshoot of JDV's thread, whatever, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't nuke it. You could maybe lock it or just see how it goes, but I just wanted everyone to know the depths of my sorrows, whatever.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I missed the last 10-12 pages and the "whatever" references. Gotta go back.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Xan - Your avatar freaks me out.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Been a lotta thread lockin' going on lately.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yep ... storm's a brewin'.

[​IMG]

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, makes me wonder what posts got deleted that finally got it closed. Though honestly, it deserved to die, no matter how much it made me laugh.

7. I followed it toward the end, and there was nothing offensive, and I don't believe any posts were deleted. I just think enough people agreed the thread had run its course and Moddy agreed, whatever.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of the contortionists from Circus Smirkus, which puts on a fantastic performance. I have some more shots. Maybe I'll change it soon to one of them. The things humans can do with their bodies ...

9. In Exile

In Exile Member

"Shane! Come back, Shane!"

I was shocked that Tim Brown's story about McGwire on Yahoo today carried nary a mention of our local favorite

RIP JDV. Sniff.

Draft saved Draft deleted