1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Can Set Yourself on Fire, Just Don't Brush Your Teeth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jul 20, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I want them to stop making me take off my shoes. I can handle getting the laptop in and out of the bag but getting shoes on and off is the biggest nuisance, time waster and line lengthener I can think of. If you save people the trouble of getting their shoes on and off, even simple loafers (my flying choice), the lines get much shorter.

I also didn't like having to pack away the three bottles of wine I bought in Sonoma last week, hopiing they didn't break in my checked luggage.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Cranberry,

After they found that Asian guy in the nosecone of the plane, they are tightening baggage security and such.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

They made me take off my flip flops.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Socks, too?

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yes! No more sneaking matches onto planes and no more wandering around outside the airport asking if people have a light.

Now, if they would just do away with the shoe problem. I nearly missed a flight out of Seattle last month, despite getting in line for security 1 hour before my flight. I had to sprint through SeaTac with my shoes untied and was the last person on the plane - though I still scored a window seat.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Yes, my black socks, too. I drew the line at the Hawaiian shirt.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I would bet serious money that some Bush cronie flew commercial, got pissed when he couldn't bring his lighter, called in a favor and got the ban lifted. That's the only possible explanation for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted