1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are looking live ... at the end of Burnt Hamburger's career

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 25, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Apparently not a parody account:

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

A.J. should fly out early and punch Brent right in the tits.

3. There is an 80-85 percent chance Musberger has offered McCarron six figures to watch his wife sleep.

I don't think he's made any secret of the fact he finds her VERY attractive. Can't say I blame him, but yeah ... wading into perv territory.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's a big ol' belly flop into the pool of creepy.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

To be fair. At least he has great taste.

[​IMG]

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I practically never listen to the NFL on radio, but I was on the road all day Sunday going back home from a weekend out of town, and listened to the fourth quarter of the Raiders broadcast. Oh my god, listening to Musberger and whoever his partner was call that game was brutal. He is the NFL version of Ken Harrelson (and, no, that doesn't mean Musberger should go into the Pro Football HOF), mixing homerism with truly annoying takes. Best part was after the Raiders missed the two-point conversion and the game ended, right before I turned off the radio, he started bragging about how the Raiders beat the spread. Yeah, Brent, I'm sure the players were in the locker room jumping around chanting, "We covered! We covered! We covered!"

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

His gambling show is really good.

Liut likes this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's clearly a hometown broadcast, but Brent still has the pipes and I think Lincoln Kennedy is a pretty darned good analyst. The few times I've listened, the Raiders have been in the process of doing something dumb (shocking) and Kennedy's not afraid to take them to task for it.

As for this thread title, Brent is having a renaissance with VSiN. That network is a heckuva success story.

wicked likes this.
  11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

That's what he is ... a professional gambler.

Showing my age, but I never envisioned in my lifetime the play-by-voice of an NFL team would be a professional gambler.

So happy Greg Papa rebounded with the 49ers. Fuck Mark Davis.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Papa's always been a total pro. He's done pbp or studio work for both baseball and football teams and the Warriors. He made a great team with Tom Flores until Mike Davis wanted someone who Vegas fans could connect with.

Draft saved Draft deleted