1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You are looking live ... at the end of Burnt Hamburger's career

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 25, 2017.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Gimme $20 on Hart, Mo & the new look Lakers!

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another sign you may have a gambling problem: Wagering on summer league games.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I didn't bet on it. But then again, I was betting on "no result after 90" in a world cup quarterfinal.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Sounds like something Norm MacDonald would bet.

5. HanSenSE

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

IIRC, teams can also sell their national radio rights to a syndicator like Compass, who puts together its own weekly NFL package culled from the rights to whichever teams it has. Wonder if this is what the deal is.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I have heard random Raiders games on the radio here in Texas at times and have wondered why.

8. HanSenSE

The Cowboys have one network covering its core states and another for outside that area with a different broadcast crew.

Dallas Cowboys | Official Site of the Dallas Cowboys

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Intersting.

But, Wiki says they own the Raiders' local radio rights, so who knows.

All of Compass's 2009 NFL games were broadcast by individual agreement with eight teams, which featured in all of Compass's games: the Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders (with whom Compass also manages local broadcast rights as of 2010), Philadelphia Eagles, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Washington Redskins. The Detroit Lionsand Arizona Cardinals were added to the agreement in 2010. For 2011 Compass Media acquired the rights to all pre-season and regular season Dallas Cowboys games and will be able to broadcast them nationally on compassmediasports.com alongside the Raiders broadcasts. The coverage also allows them to seek for affiliates who want the Cowboys outside of the covered Dallas Cowboys Radio Network. An additional four teams added their names to Compass's NFL coverage for the 2011 season- the Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers, and Seattle Seahawks. By virtue of the teams involved in the two international games, Compass Media Networks held exclusive national broadcast rights to both the NFL International Series and Bills Toronto Series games in 2011. When all was said and done, Compass Media expanded their coverage to 60 games a season with the new contracts.[5]

Compass Media Networks - Wikipedia

10. HanSenSE

Correct on the Raiders. Papa and Tom Flores have been doing the games for quite a while. From what I'm seeing on Twitter, Al Davis loved Greg Papa, Mark Davis not so much. And I get the impression Mark Davis wants a clean break with Oakland, if that's possible, for the organization. Compare with when they moved to Oakland, when Al kept Bill King on play-by-play, with Rich Marotta doing color for some LA representation in the booth.

11. HanSenSE

12. HanSenSE

And if you'll pardon further threadjack: SF Chronicle reporting Tom Flores off the radio broadcasts as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted